The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

14 hours ago, Olidamus said:

There is no chance of any of this. Sorry.

Travis said in his book that BCR wouldn't be done again, and reconfirmed that in a recent interview, BCR took a  toll on the band when Travis joined, he'd be 100% insane to do that again especially given the history and current situation with Tom. Tom hasn't shown he is capable of writing BCR material let alone getting onstage.

It is pure craziness.

Other than a half assed, half hearted attempt, Tom and Blink hasn't been a thing in 13 years. You are living in the past man. Its looooooong over.

Again, he could (and undoubtedly would) release new BCR material without Travis if he has to.  And I'm not saying the music would even be good, just that Tom very easily may release new music under the band in an attempt to bring back a lot of fans he's lost.  It would actually be a fairly smart idea and undoubtedly would net him more money than if he just releases another new AAA album, regardless of the quality of the new BCR material.  

I'm not living in the past, I don't want Tom back in blink, and I certainly don't want a new BCR album that certainly wouldn't be nearly as good as the first album.  I'm just saying what I can see happening at this point.  There is a lot of logic to it.  Why you're choosing to ignore that logic when you are so aware of Tom's desire to be relevant and make money, is beyond me.  You seem to want to equate my approach of why I think it could happen, as me wanting it to happen, and that simply is not the case.

38 minutes ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Honestly one redeeming quality about Tom I will always love him for us that he will recklessly blow tons of money on whatever passion he has with no regrets.  How many people are willing to do that. Idc if you think it's stupid or makes him a shitty business man, I respect someone who just does whatever has passionate about first.

True. Mark spends his money on moving to England for a year and coming back. Or investing in fastfood machines....

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

If you consider "winning" sitting at home being scared that you are going to be assassinated as you pay a 3rd grade teacher to write a Poet book idea you came up with, as you hustle T-shirts and lapel pins...

...while those guys go go out and play live music to tons of fans and continue getting paid millions.

Guess he's pretty lame too. 

46 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Again, he could (and undoubtedly would) release new BCR material without Travis if he has to.  And I'm not saying the music would even be good, just that Tom very easily may release new music under the band in an attempt to bring back a lot of fans he's lost.  It would actually be a fairly smart idea and undoubtedly would net him more money than if he just releases another new AAA album, regardless of the quality of the new BCR material.  

I'm not living in the past, I don't want Tom back in blink, and I certainly don't want a new BCR album that certainly wouldn't be nearly as good as the first album.  I'm just saying what I can see happening at this point.  There is a lot of logic to it.  Why you're choosing to ignore that logic when you are so aware of Tom's desire to be relevant and make money, is beyond me.  You seem to want to equate my approach of why I think it could happen, as me wanting it to happen, and that simply is not the case.

BCR without Travis is more plausible, still unlikely IMO, but could potentially happen. But I also think, as you said, it wouldn't really be BCR.

Tom already tried to do Blink/BCR on his own, it was called demos, odds and ends, and it wasn't good at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Honestly one redeeming quality about Tom I will always love him for us that he will recklessly blow tons of money on whatever passion he has with no regrets.  How many people are willing to do that. Idc if you think it's stupid or makes him a shitty business man, I respect someone who just does whatever has passionate about first.

I agree with following your passion.

If Tom didn't excessively hype shit, if he didn't make outlandish statements, if he didn't make promises he never keeps,  if he didn't try to use Blink for attention, and if his ideas were actually good and not bat shit insane......

I'd 100% support him.

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I agree with following your passion.

If Tom didn't excessively hype shit, if he didn't make outlandish statements, if he didn't make promises he never keeps,  if he didn't try to use Blink for attention, and if his ideas were actually good and not bat shit insane......

I'd 100% support him.

I agree his announcements and whatever broken promises shit is annoying. But him hyping stuff and being overly passionate to the 10th degree was part of his charm and why you liked him.

42 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

BCR without Travis is more plausible, still unlikely IMO, but could potentially happen. But I also think, as you said, it wouldn't really be BCR.

Tom already tried to do Blink/BCR on his own, it was called demos, odds and ends, and it wasn't good at all.

Like I said, it wouldn't necessarily be any good, but I don't think the quality of the music is going to stop Tom going through with such a thing at all.  And it makes sense that Tom didn't slap the BCR name on that demos EP, that whole thing was all over the place in terms of sound, and wasn't focused at all.  Releasing it under his name and calling it Demos, Odds and Ends was probably the most logical thing he could do with that release.

3 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Its not about a "middle ground". Tom is an asshole. If you still think he's great, you are a tombot.

Mark doesn't dispute Tom rantings because he is better than that. He takes the high road. Mark said that  there were "getting a divorce from Tom" .

Tom fucked up and got shit canned from the only thing that made him great. Now he is just washed up and only in his mind and the mind of tombots does he still actually have a career or some type of control over Blink. He has none, and I think Mark's silence says it all. Tom isn't even worth addressing at this point.

No there is a middle ground. I know Tom is an asshole but I still very much enjoy his other musical projects (basically every AVA album aside from ...of Nightmares). I in no way believe he has any control over Blink and also don't believe his "big important UFO knowledge". Doesn't mean I can't look forward to his future releases in the hopes they are good

• Like 1

But as an AVA fan I think you'd even be more annoyed. With Blink its 3 guys and a democracy, so maybe it doesn't work out, fine. With AVA, its just him and he chooses not to do it and he teases it for countless years and never produces.

It is crazy to think that AVA literally has not taken the stage in 5 years.