The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just gave it a listen. Thought is was pretty solid, although there are instruments and or sounds where's it's not truely acoustic but whatever. I'm vacationing in San Diego this week took a trip to his store I was surprised by how small it was bummed Tom wasn't there but wasn't surprised. It was pretty crowded which was surprising 

My apologizes, not Chris, Rick Devoe. I get them mixed up, don't know why.

It was Rick Devoe who partially created the rift and encouraged Tom to do his own thing, this is at least according to Mark. Obviously Tom is the most responsible, but I think Rick had a hand in it, or at the very least he should have told Tom "Nope, bad move, I refuse to be your manager and watch you fuck up your career".

• Like 1

Ah yes, I too get them both mixed up. Rick is the dude who went with Tom after the hiatus, correct? I did hear rumors of people in the label/Rick thinking Tom should split from blink after the BCR and Untitled records both got critical acclaim. But why he abandoned the experimental punk/post-hardcore influences and went off and made a crazy-ass pink Floyd U2 wannabe record, that's what I'll never truly understand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

My apologizes, not Chris, Rick Devoe. I get them mixed up, don't know why.

It was Rick Devoe who partially created the rift and encouraged Tom to do his own thing, this is at least according to Mark. Obviously Tom is the most responsible, but I think Rick had a hand in it, or at the very least he should have told Tom "Nope, bad move, I refuse to be your manager and watch you fuck up your career".

I think like Tom, the manager felt Tom didn't need Mark & Travis. Both were deluded as hell though. For some reason, that Chris guy bugs me a bit more. Don't know the dude. Seen some posts on twitter and a couple of videos. Comes across as a total prick. Isn't it because of Mark why he is where he is today?

Didn't AVA do a video with a guy and a girl running through a space ship? The girl was a robot or something? I liked that video the best. If it exists. This one was a decent for a low budget even though Tom's all weird singing without a guitar. At least he still resembles old Tom here a tiny bit. 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I prefer that version to the original but the video is so dumb, his weird eye twitchy blinking is really noticeable too.

Yeah, the original version is just the generic AVA track before they came up with the Dream Walker sound. I feel the same about nearly all the LOVE stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

"You guys asked for them..." LOL.

Who in the fuck asked for more AVA tank tops? Like I wonder if even 1 person asked for more?

I bet there are  MOUNTAINS of shitty merch/books/dog tags/etc just sitting around in Tom's autobody sho......I mean...office. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I bet there are  MOUNTAINS of shitty merch/books/dog tags/etc just sitting around in Tom's autobody sho......I mean...office. 

To be honest, his office is in a really cool spot. A few blocks from the beach and there is an awesome coffee place next door. When I had a quick look the place next door were selling 65' Mustangs and Corvettes. I want to know if he bought that place of if he is renting. Cause commercial spots in that part of town are pretty damn expensive.