The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That Say Anything song was weird as hell. I always forget about it.

Has Mark done any interesting guest vocals lately? I guess the Goldfinger album. Anything else though? It seems like he used to do guest vocals a lot.

he posted an insta story a few days ago about recording with this girl: https://www.instagram.com/phoeberyan/

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That Say Anything song was weird as hell. I always forget about it.

Has Mark done any interesting guest vocals lately? I guess the Goldfinger album. Anything else though? It seems like he used to do guest vocals a lot.

That Not Every Dog goes to heaven song.  Pretty good Mark actually.  That Tom feature was pretty good Tom too.  I actually like their guest spots more than their actual most recent music.  Kind of further shows Blink is dead as dead and they should venture off into other musical projects.

Does anyone remember this song? I think it was either right before +44 came out or just after - in either case I remember it came out and I was just happy to hear something from Mark

• Like 1

I love the Mark chorus in that but can't stand the song. This is more of a production question, but anyone have any idea how they make Mark's voice sound HUGE when he sings soft and low? I can hear double tracking and reverb that's all. Then there's the chorus of Natives where he's singing more aggressive but still so low.

I know how they achieve a lot of Tom's vocal sounds but Mark's voice is so contrasting.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, jordidanen95 said:

will tom put out new music ever. It really seems like he is done for

I'm one of those guys who enjoyed The Dream Walker, so I hope not. All things considered, he probably won't make any substantial return to music. I'm pretty sure his life has taken a totally different trajectory over a decade ago, and he just revisited the business for a short time. I think Tom knew that the band wanted a commercial revitalization (over artistic), and just dipped out before Feldy entered. He'll probably do small projects here and there, but never perform live regularly again.

• Like 1

Tom is more than capable of writing great songs if he'd just lose the effects. He always excelled at writing great stripped down songs, I don't think he's lost that talent, I just think he's just caught up in bullshit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Tom is more than capable of writing great songs if he'd just lose the effects. He always excelled at writing great stripped down songs, I don't think he's lost that talent, I just think he's just caught up in bullshit.

Anyone who's followed his social medias has gotten to hear some serious gems this past year even.  He still has it in his writing, he's just very stubborn in his visions, experimenting, and such.  He still has a unique writing ability that sounds as good as it did in 05.

the first one is meh, the second one starts off like one of the bits he was messing around with years ago, and the latter half of it is just kind of a mess. I wouldn't call either of those gems. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

the first one is meh, the second one starts off like one of the bits he was messing around with years ago, and the latter half of it is just kind of a mess. I wouldn't call either of those gems. 

The second one he played on the doorsteps, wearing a yellow shirt, during recording of selftitled. Cant bother finding the vid 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

If they were fleshed out they would be.  None of self titled sounded that great while he was fiddling around.

That Nibble Nibble song is great, ive always loved it and I agree with Ghent that Tom sounds great in it. Its such a fucking creepy song though. 

How the hell did that guy get Mark in his song? It sounds so amateurish until Mark comes in. Mark sounds great in it though. Also why is there a tv above the elevator with the feed for the camera in the elevator. Seems weird. 

Both those clips Jan posted were not great. I remember him or Jen posting some good ones recently though. 

2 hours ago, knapton said:

That Nibble Nibble song is great, ive always loved it and I agree with Ghent that Tom sounds great in it. Its such a fucking creepy song though. 

How the hell did that guy get Mark in his song? It sounds so amateurish until Mark comes in. Mark sounds great in it though. Also why is there a tv above the elevator with the feed for the camera in the elevator. Seems weird. 

Both those clips Jan posted were not great. I remember him or Jen posting some good ones recently though. 

TBF they do this in Japan in order to prevent pervy shit from happening. The feed is in the elevator as well as outside the entrance(s) to the elevators so that women don't have to feel worried about being in an elevator alone. 

On 2018. 03. 07. at 1:56 PM, Reginald said:

The second one he played on the doorsteps, wearing a yellow shirt, during recording of selftitled. Cant bother finding the vid 

i guess that riff was written by mark, anyway. he starts playing it in a cheetah video. then tom joins but he's like hearing it for the first time.

edit: my bad, that was the other unreleased riff