The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

He’s been claiming AVA is gonna release a punk album since literally 2008

I’d like to hear some good music out of him, but I just don’t think it’s possible without someone there to tell him “no that’s stupid.”

Tom by himself and/or surrounded by yes men has proven to result in mediocre music

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He’s been claiming AVA is gonna release a punk album since literally 2008

I’d like to hear some good music out of him, but I just don’t think it’s possible without someone there to tell him “no that’s stupid.”

Tom by himself and/or surrounded by yes men has proven to result in mediocre music

so has blink with feldman

horrific edit for that image, yikes.

I love how he's making a fuss announcing it because the script has finished - 'we expect the film to go into pre-production this year' isn't 'the film will go into pre-production' which means they're probably either shy of funding for it, or still waiting for confirmation for funding for it, which will most likely not come to fruition. 

is TTSA funding still happening or did it dead-stall like we all assumed?

so it got to 2mil after around a month, and in the 3 or 4 months thats followed it's barely gone up by 500k? 

while the 50mil target is still hilarious, it's horrifying that people were dumb enough to invest 2mil. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

How funny would it be if this thing was actually legit?

Like I know it's not but it would be pretty hilarious if he actually did something HUGE and was right all along.

Appreciate that it's not going to happen though.  

People have been saying this since Modlife - and Modlife actually, in my opinion, was "revolutionary" somewhat. At least, coming from Tom. 

Someone asked when the first Strange Times animation trailer will be out, and the writer replied "gonna be awhile". This is all just more smoke up our rears, will probably be 2-3 years before this stuff sees the light of day IF they even complete it. And LOL at his "new music coming" post. He really said the Strange Times EP that he doesn't care about and hasn't worked on will be a hallmark for him....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i'll be straight, the fact that the poet animation ever got released and was impressive, animation-wise, was a big surprise to me. and that was because tom had little to do with it besides funneling those dudes money lol

it was visually stunning - but literally everything else about it was awful. 

31 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i'll be straight, the fact that the poet animation ever got released and was impressive, animation-wise, was a big surprise to me. and that was because tom had little to do with it besides funneling those dudes money lol

Wow, I totally forgot this. Another great milestone for Mr. DeLonge in his abandoned/falied projects way.

I'll be honest.  It's fun to pick on Tom's ridiculous projects and ideas but at the end of the day, I can't hate on it deep down.  It's a dude following his artistic endeavors, even if you find them weird or odd, it's something almost everyone should aspire to do.  Yes he fucked our band, but if his hearts not in it what can you do?  That's hard on everyone, himself included, I can relate to getting sick of things even when they're good on the outside to everyone else.  

Following your weird art projects is 1000X better than a lot of things someone could be doing.

Dare I say...barfing out watered down pop punk music, posting cringey instagram posts, having someone write your music for you, and pretending to be edgy teenagers into their 40s.  At least we all know Tom writes his own shit that's forsure..just wish he wasn't so psychotic, damn painkillers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kay said:

it was visually stunning - but literally everything else about it was awful. 

oh for sure, but as an animation fan/artist, it’s visuals can’t be beat. i was very very surprised by it haha. 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Wow, I totally forgot this. Another great milestone for Mr. DeLonge in his abandoned/falied projects way.

yeah. as i was doing the blink online twitter thing i came across that instagram thread and looking at his announcements/predictions (“strange times movie, christmas 2015”) and watching them never see the light of day is awfully pathetic. 

52 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I'll be honest.  It's fun to pick on Tom's ridiculous projects and ideas but at the end of the day, I can't hate on it deep down.  It's a dude following his artistic endeavors, even if you find them weird or odd, it's something almost everyone should aspire to do.  Yes he fucked our band, but if his hearts not in it what can you do?  That's hard on everyone, himself included, I can relate to getting sick of things even when they're good on the outside to everyone else.  

Following your weird art projects is 1000X better than a lot of things someone could be doing.

Dare I say...barfing out watered down pop punk music, posting cringey instagram posts, having someone write your music for you, and pretending to be edgy teenagers into their 40s.  At least we all know Tom writes his own shit that's forsure..just wish he wasn't so psychotic, damn painkillers.

The problem with that line of thinking is that Tom was only given the opportunity to do whatever artistic endeavour he fancies because of fans funding via blink and AVA.

It isn't necessarily brave to 'follow your dreams' when your worth 50mil and never have to worry about supporting yourself or your family.

Anyone else in his position would follow their dreams too. 

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

The problem with that line of thinking is that Tom was only given the opportunity to do whatever artistic endeavour he fancies because of fans funding via blink and AVA.

It isn't necessarily brave to 'follow your dreams' when your worth 50mil and never have to worry about supporting yourself or your family.

Anyone else in his position would follow their dreams too. 

I feel like we've had this debate a few times on here.  At the end of the day, he's still doing it though.  I disagree that everyone would 'follow their passions' if they were paid, a lot of people don't.  Just look at Mark & Matt...are they following their artistic passions?  No, they are kind of selling out and riding the wave, half assing shows, while going on a bunch of trips, buying expensive things, with their money.  Tom, while definitely a bit psycho, is investing it in his projects whether crazy or not..while also putting his reputation in the shitter, chasing aliens and stuff.