The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just now, Nshesaid said:

I feel like we've had this debate a few times on here.  At the end of the day, he's still doing it though.  I disagree that everyone would 'follow their passions' if they were paid, a lot of people don't.  Just look at Mark & Matt...are they following their artistic passions?  No, they are kind of selling out and riding the wave while going on a bunch of trips, buying expensive things, with their money.  Tom, while definitely a bit psycho, is investing it in his projects whether crazy or not..while also putting his reputation in the shitter, chasing aliens and stuff.

Yeah but he's fucking nuts now, I don't think he has the slightest clue how ridiculous he's coming across. If he did he wouldn't be doing this shit at all. 

Mark owns a business, loves being in blink, has produced loads of great bands, goes on holiday all the time, had a TV show and has a family he clearly adores. I think he's followed all of his dreams and now just wants to play with blink until he retires.

Travis has done whatever thing he's wanted to do from the beginning and Matt is only recently in a rich comfortable position.

It's not comparable - any other creative person with Tom's money would do it too - and honestly probably do a better job of it. 

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah but he's fucking nuts now, I don't think he has the slightest clue how ridiculous he's coming across. If he did he wouldn't be doing this shit at all. 

Mark owns a business, loves being in blink, has produced loads of great bands, goes on holiday all the time, had a TV show and has a family he clearly adores. I think he's followed all of his dreams and now just wants to play with blink until he retires.

Travis has done whatever thing he's wanted to do from the beginning and Matt is only recently in a rich comfortable position.

It's not comparable - any other creative person with Tom's money would do it too - and honestly probably do a better job of it. 

My more distinct point was that he's following his artistic passions.  The others are definitely doing what they want, but Mark & Matt at least have put their deep artistic sides to the side, and I can't knock a guy following his deeper artistic side regardless of how crazy or strange they come off.  

57 minutes ago, Kay said:

Haha true, I still think it would've been awesome if he had some sense of self-deprecation and goofiness about the whole thing, but he just doesn't have any self-awareness at all anymore. He would probably get WAYYYY more viewers and "believers" out of this whole mission if he still had his old personality and did like a comedic Netflix doc series where he road tripped around talking to people about their experiences and studying paranormal shit from an everyman's perspective. But he's so unrelatable and unentertaining now that most people couldn't care less about his projects because he takes it so seriously that he's just blatantly in over his head haha.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I wish Tom would go into meltdown mode again just to have something blink-related to entertain me.

I was thinking about this earlier today. When did he stop claiming he was a member of Blink 182? I remember he was in denial for quite some time following the news.

23 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

I was thinking about this earlier today. When did he stop claiming he was a member of Blink 182? I remember he was in denial for quite some time following the news.

Only a couple months ago Tom was saying he could come back whenever he wants and that they 'have someone filling in for him' while he's chasing other priorities.

Yeah, Tom chasing his dreams or doing whatever he's passionate about is perfectly fine 100%. Even if blink-182 helps to fund it, it's perfectly fine. What wasn't fine though was him leading Mark & Travis along, giving them empty promises, not committing to the band. He should've just been honest from the get go. Sure, it'd mean blink taking a break for a while, whilst he works on his other commitments, but as long as he can commit to blink when the time comes to it, then I would never have any problem with him having a bunch of other commitments.

There's just no point in being in a band if you can't commit. And that was Tom's downfall, not his other commitments. Look at Jared Leto. The dude is probably just as busy, probably has his own little businesses. He's also pretty much a full time actor nowadays. Yet he still commits himself to 30 Seconds to Mars. Just, they have to release albums once every 5 years or something, which I have no problem with.

Mark, Tom & Travis could probably write a brilliant album after 5 years anyway, as long as they're all 100% committed to it whilst working on it.

Except for talking how he's thinking about "bigger questions", has tom provided any answers to those? Just asking since I've stopped following blink/tom altogether and was curious whether after all the years of talking and thinking he backed it up somehow.

Still can't believe he is posting a Strange Times "vulgar middle school cartoon based on Blink roots idea", and telling people to invest in it at TTS Academy... lol. Like these Conspiracy/NASA peeps are giving him money, and he is using it to make a children's cartoon and Poet Anderson t-shirts. This cannot end well for Tom, he's going to lose (even more) credibility from the TomBots, and eventually these "space" people he's convinced are going to start asking for their money back when they see their "investment" was turned into a cartooon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Still can't believe he is posting a Strange Times "vulgar middle school cartoon based on Blink roots idea", and telling people to invest in it at TTS Academy... lol. Like these Conspiracy/NASA peeps are giving him money, and he is using it to make a children's cartoon and Poet Anderson t-shirts. This cannot end well for Tom, he's going to lose (even more) credibility from the TomBots, and eventually these "space" people he's convinced are going to start asking for their money back when they see their "investment" was turned into a cartooon.

Haha seriously, based on the posts it seems like he's trying to like retrofit it to be some sort of unofficial Blink origin story which would be so annoying, he keeps mentioning "these kids were the spirit of Blink, the ones who paved the way for Blink to become a band" and shit.