The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

the above video is a good evidence for future lawsuits.

i have said before that there's no chance of suing tom for the instant devaluation of the shares, because it is in the contract, so no one was scammed.
but: it is still scamming if he publicly talks about these shares as a good investment (contradicting with what the contract says).

so the problem is not in the paperwork, it's in the false advertising.

• Like 1

But from what I can tell, from comments to that video, to reddit, here, etc is that nobody thinks of it as some sort of actual investment like an actual stock. He's only using it as an example.

Seems like people are just willingly giving him money and are fine with that, think it's a cool idea.

I think you're right Kyle about people's expectations, and I don't know shit about investing or anything like that but it seems like there is a legal difference between investing in a company the way that he keeps telling people "hey buy shares, come be a part-owner of TTS" vs. accepting donations that go toward his projects. Is that not correct? Cause all it takes is one disgruntled "shareholder" to file a lawsuit and make the law take a look at how it's all set up.

Like I said before, I don't think he's intentionally scamming people and I HIGHLY doubt he's doing anything illegal or will get busted. If anything I think he might have unintentionally gotten himself into a potentially weird situation by doing this "selling shares" thing to make his company seem more legitimate. He probably should have just done a Patreon or Gofundme all along but he probably thought that was too small-time haha.

• Like 1

It's been argued that he is doing the "shares" thing so if it gets blacklisted or whatever by the government, people are behind it and it would be harder to do so.

No clue if that's it, or it's just marketing.

He's doing the shares thing so he can get out of debt with zero overhead or material costs. It's like Tom's very own gofundme to get him out of debt, but he gets to retain his ego and pride under the guise of an "investment."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

where does he say you're going to get anything back?

Were you watching the same video I was watching?

He mentioned, shares, stock exchanged, investment, IPO, and said "hopefully you do really well". He literally compared it to buying shares on the stock exchange (which it is not like at all).

No, he didn't guarantee it, but he is lying thru his fucking teeth. He is selling shares for $5 that are worth at best 1/10th of a penny.

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He's doing the shares thing so he can get out of debt with zero overhead or material costs. It's like Tom's very own gofundme to get him out of debt, but he gets to retain his ego and pride under the guise of an "investment."

That's exactly what it is. Nothing more than a donation. Which would be okay, if he called it a "I am in debt and I need money". If people want to do that. Fine.

The problem I have is, he is a liar, and he is scamming, and just covering himself with fine print.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Were you watching the same video I was watching?

He mentioned, shares, stock exchanged, investment, IPO, and said "hopefully you do really well". He literally compared it to buying shares on the stock exchange (which it is not like at all).

No, he didn't guarantee it, but he is lying thru his fucking teeth. He is selling shares for $5 that are worth at best 1/10th of a penny.

He says "like you would". I mean, are you not getting he's making a comparison?

I hope he does "really well" too. That doesn't mean monetary gains. Or at least he's not specifically saying that here.

AGAIN, who here is FOOLED?

Over and over with this Tom is tricking people. He might be, but he isn't promising them anything outside of what he stating. As far as I can tell at least. People need to do their homework or at least pay attention to what is being presented here.