The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

9 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

He says "like you would". I mean, are you not getting he's making a comparison?

I hope he does "really well" too. That doesn't mean monetary gains. Or at least he's not specifically saying that here.

AGAIN, who here is FOOLED?

Over and over with this Tom is tricking people. He might be, but he isn't promising them anything outside of what he stating. As far as I can tell at least. People need to do their homework or at least pay attention to what is being presented here.

No offense but Maybe you need to look up the following terms:

IPO

Shareholder

Purchasing Shares

Investment

Stock exchange

Hopefully YOU do really well.

Those phrases should get you where you need to be. Also, believe me, people are fooled, based on the tombot comments I saw from people who "invested".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Are you guys confusing his "debt" as being the money he initially puts into the company (ie. debt) that he hopes to make back? Cause maybe I missed this, where did he state he was in debt?

Debt is Debt. If he is $600K in the hole with a company, why doesn't he just pay it off with the money he has? Debt collects interest.

20 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Cause maybe I missed this, where did he state he was in debt?

It is repeatedly mentioned throughout the SEC offering circular that the top objective is to pay off the debt owed to the Delonge family trust for loans they gave to other Tom companies. One of those companies being To The Stars.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It is repeatedly mentioned throughout the SEC offering circular that the top objective is to pay off the debt owed to the Delonge family trust for loans they gave to other Tom companies. One of those companies being To The Stars.

So it's the umbrella corp for all of this? Yeah, makes sense. He's up fronting the money to start it. Wants the money back. Seems like a good idea to me. Doesn't mean he's actually in debt personally

16 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

IPO

Shareholder

Purchasing Shares

Investment

Stock exchange

Those phrases should get you where you need to be. Also, believe me, people are fooled, based on the tombot comments I saw from people who "invested".

Lol. I have just to make sure this is legal and open. It checks out.

I would love to see some actual comments where people think there is money to be made back or that they have some sort of monetary gain from all of this. Seems like it's just a fancy way to donate to something. People seem to know what they're signing up for.

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Debt is Debt. If he is $600K in the hole with a company, why doesn't he just pay it off with the money he has? Debt collects interest.

Because then he would pocket the money from this and that would be bad. It's actually more honest this way.

As Oliver said, debt is debt. Doesn't necessarily mean he's going broke or anything personally. But no matter how many companies he makes, the debt will still fall back on him in the end. Which is why he created a convoluted fake investment scheme to get it paid off.

8 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

So it's the umbrella corp for all of this? Yeah, makes sense. He's up fronting the money to start it. Wants the money back. Seems like a good idea to me. Doesn't mean he's actually in debt personally

Lol. I have just to make sure this is legal and open. It checks out.

I would love to see some actual comments where people think there is money to be made back or that they have some sort of monetary gain from all of this. Seems like it's just a fancy way to donate to something. People seem to know what they're signing up for.

Because then he would pocket the money from this and that would be bad. It's actually more honest this way.

Its not honest at all, its like you are totally not listening to what he has said in that video. I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its not honest at all, its like you are totally not listening to what he has said in that video. I don't get it.

Listening to that video, I would surmise that I was contributing to a company built on ideas and not to make money.

I would also wonder if Tom's allergies are as severe as Feldmann's.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

As Oliver said, debt is debt. Doesn't necessarily mean he's going broke or anything personally. But no matter how many companies he makes, the debt will still fall back on him in the end. Which is why he created a convoluted fake investment scheme to get it paid off.

Debt is not always straight up debt. I used to own my accounting business, debt is always a factor in anything you spend your money on and it's treated as such.

If the guy was in debt for realsies, he'd be doing solo blink tours. THink about this for one second. He wouldn't be doing more of his ventures if he had any financial instability from this.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

IPO

Shareholder

Purchasing Shares

Investment

Stock exchange

Add "debt" to the list lol

• Like 1

Kyle

, I own 37 shares of Texas Roadhouse  at $56.69 a share. I paid $2097.62. Their market value was $2097.62. Since that time they have gone up to a market value of $57.78. I've made $40.24 for a market value of $2,137.86. I could sell this at anytime and get all that money back (plus the profits).

hyVcQxW.jpg

This is how the stock market works.

If I bought $2000 shares worth of TTS their market value would be 10 cents. In a fake company that doesn't generate revenue and holds tons of debt. I can't sell them.

When Tom says "this is exactly like the stock market". Please tell me in specific detail, how he is not lying?

• Like 1

I understand how stocks work and debts in businesses work, and I understand enough to know that Tom is not treating this as such.

He's using the stock market as examples in a direct question about them. But NOWHERE does he say that it will be exactly like the stock market. He's just explaining investing into this company and how that works. Again, if you think he's leading people on, yes perhaps, but nobody I've come across who supports this venture thinks it's like the stock market. I imagine they're in for a rude awakening if they do, but so far I don't see that happening.

Just now, Olidamus said:

Scamming people out of $2.5mil, nah, that ain't no big thing. Just an exaggeration.

People are willing to empty their pockets to fund Tom's venture, when he's upfront about it, is not a scam. It's a bad investment IMO, but it's not a scam.

He made a video explaining that this is exactly like the stock market and when the company does well they will all profit. But in the fine print of his own offering it says that there isn't even a way to cash out.

Scam. Just because something is LEGAL doesn't mean it's not a scam. He's using dishonest methods to prey on gullible people who don't understand what they are doing. All of this just to get his other companies out of debt.

He made a video and compared his company to the stock exchange. Which is sort of appropriate seeing how it is set up.

Again, this would be a long, weird, bold, and arduous way to get money for failing businesses if so that took so much coordination and effort that I just can't imagine it being the end game. Not only would he risk his personal finances to do this, but the 10 or so people he dragged into doing it with him. But maybe they're all in on it in this long con. 

But I don't see evidence to that. The people who invest don't see it as that either. They see it as just giving Tom money to do his thing. So what is there to conclude? This could easily ruin his reputation (and I don't care about that) and could destroy his entire persona if it's as bad as you're claiming it to be. So why even risk such a thing if he just wanted a fat paycheck for making a fake company? Tom could probably tour for one year and make more money with less work. I would just say be critical of your own biases. All we have here is a vaguely bad idea for a company built around maybe delusional people. Then there's people who support it. The end.

It's all good. I'm just trying to be objective here. I understand where the aversion to Delonge's business antics comes from, but I just feel like making it sound worse than it is doesn't do us any good.

http://www.thefader.com/2018/02/27/aliens-exist-feature

This was never posted as far as I can tell. It's interesting to hear Harry Reid commending Tom. Tom is definitely being targeted by the government to help with something.