The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Cali Denial Cape said:

And Matt hasn't written a guitar part in 10.  Tom at least shows us flashes in the riffs he keeps pumping out. He just never finishes anything.

We don't need Matt to write guitar parts. We have John "The Lickmaster" Feldmann now to write the jams. We're good. Relax

16 hours ago, Elisa said:

He left blink 3 years ago (almost 4 now) and it's been 3 years of Tom not being able to say anything at all about anything 

As if the CIA keeps all of their darkest secrets in a planner book from Walmart. Probably an ex-employee handbook at best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Haha true, I just can barely imagine the 3 guys I Microsoft Painted together into that tour photo could ever pull off seeming like a normal band playing their hits again.

If their next album doesn't do as well as California, I could see Tom becoming an option again. Mark loves being in the spotlight and seems like he will do anything to stay relevant; Tom would help provide a spark to the band. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I've said it before and will say it again, Tom is not going back to Blink.

Not a fact, an opinion. But I just don't see it. Like not at all. With the exception of some rock and roll hall of fame thing.

People don't always get back together. Steve Perry never went back to Journey ya know?

True.

And if we're talking about mental illness (which, to be fair, for now, it's only and assumption, even if he's doing bat crazy shit), the thing gets much worse.

When Brian Wilson had his own nervous breakdown in the 60s, he was able to stay functionally in the studio with The Beach Boys during a few years more, but he stopped touring with the band (Bruce Johnston filled in and, in the end, became the sixth member). But the shit got much worse. Brian didn't got treatment since he had that breakdown in 1964, and the shit went crazier until 1967, when he finally collapsed (the whole aborted Smile thing)... and don't gorget it: it all mixed with substance abuse. Since then, he, basically, remained as a residual shadow of what he had been on his peak, and got self-separated from any activity on the band, ecept for some concrete appearances here and there on the studio recordings. He shut down himself, and stayed in the bed at home.

The thing: it took like more than 20 years to have a kind of reinvigorated version of Brian back with the boys. More than 20 fucking years. And he's not even recovered now.

I mean, I don't have a clue about what's happening to Tom. Don't know if he's mentally ill or if he's just a little boy playing with his money. To me it's sad. Really sad, because it doesn't look 'normal', so to say. And I can see the cause of blink's breakdownback in 2004 as a result of an hipothetical Tom's menthal problem not being properly treated. Then, it al fell down. Anyway, I'd really love to have him back, to be better and sane. But well, who the fuck knows what's going onand what future holds for him?.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I mean, I don't have a clue about what's happening to Tom. Don't know if he's mentally ill or if he's just a little boy playing with his money. To me it's sad. Really sad, because it doesn't look 'normal', so to say. And I can see the cause of blink's breakdownback in 2004 as a result of an hipothetical Tom's menthal problem not being properly treated. Then, it al fell down. Anyway, I'd really love to have him back, to be better and sane. But well, who the fuck knows what's going onand what future holds for him?.

Yeah I mean obviously we're on the outside looking in but I think he's definitely got some mental issues beyond just being the little kid in the movie Blank Check. His entire personality changed DRASTICALLY since 2004, much moreso than what would be considered maturing or aging. There have been tons of rock stars over the years who stayed immature well into middle age and even more who were irresponsible with money, but there's a reason why Tom's bullshit becomes news, he's WAY outside the norm.

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

True.

And if we're talking about mental illness (which, to be fair, for now, it's only and assumption, even if he's doing bat crazy shit), the thing gets much worse.

When Brian Wilson had his own nervous breakdown in the 60s, he was able to stay functionally in the studio with The Beach Boys during a few years more, but he stopped touring with the band (Bruce Johnston filled in and, in the end, became the sixth member). But the shit got much worse. Brian didn't got treatment since he had that breakdown in 1964, and the shit went crazier until 1967, when he finally collapsed (the whole aborted Smile thing)... and don't gorget it: it all mixed with substance abuse. Since then, he, basically, remained as a residual shadow of what he had been on his peak, and got self-separated from any activity on the band, ecept for some concrete appearances here and there on the studio recordings. He shut down himself, and stayed in the bed at home.

The thing: it took like more than 20 years to have a kind of reinvigorated version of Brian back with the boys. More than 20 fucking years. And he's not even recovered now.

The Beach Boys are a great analogy of the situation.

28 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I mean obviously we're on the outside looking in but I think he's definitely got some mental issues beyond just being the little kid in the movie Blank Check. His entire personality changed DRASTICALLY since 2004, much moreso than what would be considered maturing or aging. There have been tons of rock stars over the years who stayed immature well into middle age and even more who were irresponsible with money, but there's a reason why Tom's bullshit becomes news, he's WAY outside the norm.

Yes, his behavior got radically different in a short period of time. And if that's the way we all could see it, can we guess what was going on behind the curtain?

It's pretty well known that people who experiences panick attacks, anxiety probems or nervous breakdowns can experience this kind of changes.

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yes, his behavior got radically different in a short period of time. And if that's the way we all could see it, can we guess what was going on behind the curtain?

It was clearly the pain killer addiction or blink was Illuminati and Tom tried to get out.

I definitely think Tom is honest with his music stuff. Whether it'll be released this year or next, no clue. But it'll most likely be next year. If he has studio pictures with the Rubin guys there, and has clips, usually it means he's getting it done. It's when he's just posting videos of him playing acoustic guitar then it's probably bullshit. Took 2 years to get Wishing Well to come out after all. But past 2 months definitely prove he's progressing with the AVA album.

As for his movies, comic books and shit though. Well that's a whole other matter. We won't get any of that shit for another 5-10 years. Possibly more. He'll have EP or two out by then. Probably another album too.

• Like 1

I still contend that (i could be wrong) that Tom isn't as crazy as he is just stubborn and convinced by his own ego. If he was doing this stuff on the side while playing in Blink right now or even full time AvA, nobody would bat an eye. But instead, people keep telling him to go back to Blink (something he's quit twice and made very clear he just doesn't want to do) and telling him his dreams are stupid. Regardless of whether they are or not, he seems to have good intentions. Sometimes he seems like a scammer, other times I think he's more just stupid. It's like his comments in Start the Machine about "I want to change how music is sold" etc. He just genuinely thinks he's a genius who's coming up with radical ideas because he succeeded once in his life (Blink) by being himself and believing he could do it. Throw in some pills for back pain and baby, you've got a stew going.

or he's entirely nuts. hard to tell.

• Like 3