The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I can totally see Tom coming back to blink at some point. I don't think it will be soon, but I think it will happen.

I also don't think Tom is as crazy as you guys think. Yeah he gets very excited and passionate about silly things, and he doesn't really follow through with most things, but that doesn't mean he's crazy or mentally unwell. He might not be the smartest, but I don't think he's an idiot. I honestly think he probably just has extreme ADHD, and can't focus on one thing long enough to finish it. With that being the case, it's actually impressive what he has accomplished and released over the last decade. Not that it's been great stuff that appeals to me, but he's put out multiple albums, made a fucking movie (I thought it was extremely boring, but still), has released novels and comics and short films, and has gotten to live his dream of studying UFOs. He might not be doing what I want him to be doing, or putting out the content that I want to see, but I think what he's done is fairly impressive regardless, even if it doesn't appeal to me.

I'm still pissed off about a lot of things he's done. I'm mad that he didn't record that 2015 blink album that he was contractually obligated to work on. I'm annoyed that he wouldn't record neighborhoods in the same room as Travis and Mark. He has promised a million things that never happened. But, eh. Maybe I've just detached myself a bit from blink-182 in the past couple of years, so it's easier for me to not hold a grudge or really care much about that stuff anymore. Yeah, it sucked, but whatever. I'd still love to spend a day with Tom, just hang out, talk about aliens, talk about music, make stupid jokes, etc... He was one of my heroes growing up, and he still kind of is.

Turns out I'm a Tombot!

So you don't think forming a company that is going to build spaceships and conduct time travel is nuts and delusional?

Its possible, that he knows the entire thing is a sham, and is just trying to get money. But I don't think this is likely.

I think he really believes this shit. He really thinks he is on the verge of discovering the mysteries of the world. That he has connections to top CIA operatives, classified information, that his phone is tapped, that the govt is out to get him, that he is meeting with Hillary Clinton (who ended up being some random lady having lunch), that he can raise billions of dollars and have headquarters in Beverly Hills with a company that is running about $500K a year in the red..

These are the workings of someone is not mentally well. 99.9% of people would be rendered homeless and committed in these situations. Only money has offered him a cushion from that.

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's a bit of a fruitloop no doubt but saying he needs to be committed is so over the top it's unreal.

Really Dan? So then try this, quit your job today. And devote your life and money to trying to hunt down government officials to get the real story on aliens. Form a company that is intent on building spaceships, and pour your savings into that company. Keep in mind, it is going to operate at a loss.

Report back to me in a year, and tell me your life isn't completely fucked and that you need professional help.

Then we can talk buddy.

53 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's a bit of a fruitloop no doubt but saying he needs to be committed is so over the top it's unreal.

I think this take is the one that's extreme. From the outside, we can comment and assume all we want, but there's no way to really know. You can make an argument that he needs to be committed based on conjecture, but you can make a similar argument that he's gullible/stupid all the same based on conjecture. It's a big leap to say he needs to be in a mental facility. People also like to say he's a scammer...well, which is it? If he's a scammer, he's doing a great job seeming genuine haha

EDIT: It may not have been clear but I'm agreeing with your quote @...Dan...

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

But ethically it's ok to beg teens for $200 of worthless stock?

Moreover, if he considers that the article can 'damage' the company image and shit, or that they are saying something that is not true, he can sue them.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Moreover, if he considers that the article can 'damage' the company image and shit, or that they are saying something that is not true, he can sue them.

It's not actionable.

Media runs on a different set of standards than personal. Plus you have to show intent. If the guy knowingly reported fake news in order to intentionally damage TTS, then MAYBE. But you'd have to show specific damages. Like "We didn't get that $500K donation specifically because this story ran". Tough to prove.

Tom has no case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

It's not actionable.

Media runs on a different set of standards than personal. Plus you have to show intent. If the guy knowingly reported fake news in order to intentionally damage TTS, then MAYBE. But you'd have to show specific damages. Like "We didn't get that $500K donation specifically because this story ran". Tough to prove.

Tom has no case.

Yeah, I was thikning about this. I mean, I don't know how it works on the USA, but as far as I know, here, in Spain, if you spread false news which may be causing damage to the image/reputation of a person or corporation, that can be sued (again, don't know the exact conditions to proceed like that).

I was saying that just because your last sentece. I mean: he's openly bashing against that article, when it all points to real data, as it was shown. So, I guess he's trying to hide the shit under the carpet, but doesn't know exactly how.

BTW, be careful man, the 'expert in law' label is hanging over your head now. ?

So does it say in these finacial reports what their actual profit is? I would be curious what money this company has actually made. I remember from when i got into how to pick stocks, the people i read things from would always try to find undervalued companys to get in when theyre cheap. One of the metrics they went by was debt to equity. I would love to see what TTS debt to equity ratio is cause how does selling a few books support all the shit their doing

1 hour ago, knapton said:

So does it say in these finacial reports what their actual profit is? I would be curious what money this company has actually made. I remember from when i got into how to pick stocks, the people i read things from would always try to find undervalued companys to get in when theyre cheap. One of the metrics they went by was debt to equity. I would love to see what TTS debt to equity ratio is cause how does selling a few books support all the shit their doing

Basically they’re not doing anything. There operating costs are very low because they aren’t actually doing any of the things Tom describes. The company is just Tom going around taking meetings with people and then the small merchandise in books. To the stars is no larger than a family run small town business really. There revenues and expenses are both seemingly in the $100k to $200k range. My guess is Tom is just paying people a shit wage and most of their compensation is through him issuing them large amounts of stock which is where that giant loss number comes from, but the stocks are essentially worthless. 

• Like 2

Mark this down as a moment in history. A tombot put me in my place, made me tear up a bit and made me question my approach to this whole thing.

Basically, after I said TTS is a failed business, he said this and I had to correct this tombot stupidity.

Tombot: HOW??! if they haven't spent 37 million how the hell are they in debt 37 million.. that's not facts thats idiots believing false statistics... get you facts strait man...

Me: You realize you are literally just parroting what Tom said in his statement. LOL. Unreal. Re-read the SEC filing again, learn the difference between debt, and deficit. Then look at the statement made by the company that they are in financial trouble. Tom can tell you what he wants. There is a legal document released by the company, saying they are in trouble.

Tombot:  doooooood your probably right man, i'm 16 and i've been a long time fan and it kills me to see bad stuff pop up about this guy I view as my hero.... I hope that makes sense.. i thought the whole concept of to the stars was super cool and I hope to god it doesn't end up on the downward spiral and I thought this group was for people who wanted to see progress... not be pessemists.. isn;t that what angels and airwaves is about?? believeing that you can conquer the fucking world??

I mean, he's an idiot, but it hit me that its just a kid who sees Tom as I once saw him before this kid was even born. Who am I to burst his bubble? Who am I to take away from the joy that this stuff brings him? Its good to see new fans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

So Oliver, what was it like meeting Travis?

Didn't you meet him at a Plus 44 show?

I'd rather not relive my meetings with Travis, I made a complete and utter fool out of myself. But what I can talk about are his in person reeactions to other fans I saw him meeting with. He was never nice, did the photo, autographs. However, people were slobbering all over him saying how amazing he was blah blah blah, and it was very obvious from his responses that he was actually sick of hearing it. He'd say "Oh wow, thanks" over and over but it sounded like the most fake/forced thing.