The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Yup and these same idiot spammers will flame a new member who posts a blink 182 related topic (in the blink 182 section of a blink 182 message board)??

Well yeah, if that blink related topic revolves around pictures of their kids of course we'll flame you.

I think Travis is more or less over it… He’s friends with tom, but only because he has nothing to offer him at this point. He’s past the point of caring about whether or not he’s a part of the band. He’s not a part of the band.  so it’s easy to have a laugh about his craziness and remain “friends” and fondly look back because the time of him being a full time member is over

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, boxelder said:

I think Travis is more or less over it… He’s friends with tom, but only because he has nothing to offer him at this point. He’s past the point of caring about whether or not he’s a part of the band. He’s not a part of the band.  so it’s easy to have a laugh about his craziness and remain “friends” and fondly look back because the time of him being a full time member is over

Yeah for sure, the painful time is over, I'm sure we all have people like that in our lives. You're super tight and things change and it gets shitty and awkward for awhile, but you end up being fine as acquaintances who still have funny shared jokes and stuff even though you'll never be best buds again. It seems to be pretty different between Tom and Mark, which is understandable.

On one hand I wouldn't be surprised if Tom and Travis collaborated on something again someday just because there doesn't seem to be any lingering animosity between them at this point. But on the other hand, there are plenty of reasons I WOULD be surprised if it happened haha, namely Tom being a scatterbrained lunatic who never finishes anything. Travis being Travis, he could just pop into Tom's studio and lay down an album's worth of drums in one day without a second thought and it would count as a collaboration, but I can't imagine Tom getting to the point where he has a full album written for something like that in the first place haha.

I don't think Travis or Mark for that matter have any real ill-will for Tom.  They've just moved on, and so did Tom.  I know Tom wanted the band to stay his little security blanket so he could do all these alien things and angels and airwaves and all that, so that when those didn't pay the bills he could go make an album with blink or just tour with blink.  And I think Mark and Travis recognized this was what was happening and ultimately they just had to let him go, for all of their best interests really.

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Holy shit! Gompy?! 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Fucking gompy!!!

How are you, buddy!

Ay whats up??

I'm doing pretty well actually!

Moved to Amsterdam. I make music video's and documentary's for pretty succesful artists now.

I saw the Travis podcast and was missing a place to talk about things.

How are you people, what's been going on in your lives?

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Gompy182 said:

Ay whats up??

Moved to Amsterdam. I make music video's and documentary's for pretty succesful artists now.

Dude thats awesome to hear, got any links to examples of your stuff? I'd love to see it!

I'm in marketing now, still with the same lady, just bought our first house. 

1 hour ago, Gompy182 said:

Ay whats up??

Thats great to hear! Glad things are working out for you!