The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

16 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

wow... cliff diving is my top track on the entire album

Yeah I'm not surprised. Most people love Cliff Diving. I've always thought it was really boring.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

A bunch of AVA's tracks have grown on me over the years quite unexpectedly. And tracks I liked upon release like Secret Crowds wouldn't touch my top 13. I like Weatherman but didn't when I was younger by comparison.

I always thought Secret Crowds was a pretty bad song.  Never understood the choice for it as a single, feel like Sirens would have done better and is in the same kind of vein.

• Like 2

I think Sirens is one of Tom's best songs from everything he has been apart of.

4 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Obviously its my opinion since Im the one saying it. What exactly is the problem? He sang on more songs on the 03 album, is the lead guitarist. Its not like TOYPAJ or Enema where it was split down the middle and they felt like equals.

For what its worth, Ava sold more albums too

Above that you said it was fact he was the most talented. Its not fact its opinion. Tom sold more copies of WDNTW than WYHSB for sure. I honestly think thats because he hyped it saying it was the 2nd coming of christ more than anything.

2 hours ago, dildo69er said:

Above that you said it was fact he was the most talented. Its not fact its opinion. 

No I didn't. It's implied that it's my opinion since I'm the one posting it. 

If I want to say "blink 182 is better than Justin Bieber", I don't have to state it as "In my opinion, blink 182 is better than Justin Bieber."

What an odd nitpick. I even said I prefer Ava the sentence before

Just like he prefers the company of children ... he isn't saying that everyone does, just him. It's not something that needs to be stated as an opinion, you can safely assume he is alone in his lust for the prepubescent. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, dildo69er said:

If only your username was Mark182222. I still think more passion and talented songwriting exists on +44 than anything after it. Boxcar was an amazing album as was Self Titled clearly. But since 03, my opinion sits with +44 as the best album any of them has done since 03. So opinion is one thing, fact as you list is another. 

my name is actually tom

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

155 and Weatherman are the only skips for me, on occasion. Still good songs just not as great. Rest are great.

155 is like one of the best songs on the album and sounds super similar to the genre. How do you skip it

• Like 1