The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

NOFX has some great songs, and they were one of my favorite bands growing up. But celebrating being a drunk fuck up on stage in your 40s is more sad than badass. huge cringefset nowadays. fat mike tries way too hard

• Like 1

I guess Mark actually did straight up lie after Tom made that Facebook post when bored to death came out. Mark responded to the press saying he hadn’t spoken to Tom in a year and a half. Now I’m so curious what exchange happened when they had met.

https://www.altpress.com/news/blink_182s_mark_hoppus_denies_tom_delonges_claim_of_meeting_after_new_song/

According to this post, their last meeting  was April 28th, 2016...the day after bored to death came out.

The top comment on Toms Facebook post for me is actually from @Kay, “So Mark has just refuted the claim that you met him, apparently he hasnt spoken to you in a year and a half.”

16 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I guess Mark actually did straight up lie after Tom made that Facebook post when bored to death came out. Mark responded to the press saying he hadn’t spoken to Tom in a year and a half. Now I’m so curious what exchange happened when they had met.

https://www.altpress.com/news/blink_182s_mark_hoppus_denies_tom_delonges_claim_of_meeting_after_new_song/

According to this post, their last meeting  was April 28th, 2016...the day after bored to death came out.

The top comment on Toms Facebook post for me is actually from @Kay, “So Mark has just refuted the claim that you met him, apparently he hasnt spoken to you in a year and a half.”

I don't even remember commenting that but I just checked it, I clearly did haha. I usually never respond to their pages. weird. 

but yeah, Mark straight up lying. interesting. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I don't even remember commenting that but I just checked it, I clearly did haha. I usually never respond to their pages. weird. 

but yeah, Mark straight up lying. interesting. 

I get weird vibes from Mark. I think he’s a bit of a cunt tbh. I can’t see Tom being an arsehole but I can totally see Mark being a horrible cunt to him

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I get weird vibes from Mark. I think he’s a bit of a cunt tbh. I can’t see Tom being an arsehole but I can totally see Mark being a horrible cunt to him

He's passive aggressive and isn't exactly a saint. Scott Raynor was kicked out the band through a phone call. Blink lied about how they started in the past too. Mark was probably more honest in the +44 days but he got back together with blink despite them not working in the same rooms together. Mark always said blink is 3 guys writing and recording together. In his own words said blink isn't blink without Tom. Yet blink reunited and did an album in a way that he openly stated he was against years previously. Tom left blink again and then replaced him with someone else, which is something he said he would never do in the past.

In Mark's own words: Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous. No we will not be playing blink songs at (+44) shows.

He's very contradicting. Not surprised he lied about not meeting Tom during the release of Bored to Death. This isn't to say Tom is a better person. They're both shit heads in different ways. Travis is probably the genuine one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah, me too. I got it a few years ago. I liked him a lot before, but now... well, it's not like I hate him now, but you know...

Also, in every story there are two sides, and neves one is as evil as the other says, so...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Years ago I had a hard time deciding if I thought it'd be more fun to hang out with Tom or with Mark, and now all these years later I have come to the conclusion that it would be more fun to hang out with Matt.

Tom would probably be a great guy to have a drink with. Mark comes across as very serious outside of interviews and the stage though. Wouldn't get good vibes from him. Hard to tell with Travis, he seems quiet but he also seems like a very talkative and great guy when he actually talks. Skiba is cool as fuck though. I remember some video of him in a skate park arguing with someone homophobic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Tom would probably be a great guy to have a drink with. Mark comes across as very serious outside of interviews and the stage though. Wouldn't get good vibes from him. Hard to tell with Travis, he seems quiet but he also seems like a very talkative and great guy when he actually talks. Skiba is cool as fuck though. I remember some video of him in a skate park arguing with someone homophobic.

“...And there’s nothing wrong with being gay either you fucking crooked-ass little bastard.”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Years ago I had a hard time deciding if I thought it'd be more fun to hang out with Tom or with Mark, and now all these years later I have come to the conclusion that it would be more fun to hang out with Matt.

yeah 100%, of all the blink related people to hang with, I'd hang with Matt. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Or Travis, really. His interviews nowadays are always great to read and seem genuine. Mark is very deliberate in his responses, almost like he's afraid he might say the wrong thing so he plays it politically correct. While with Tom, he uses every opportunity to sneak his "academy" and whatnot into the conversation, which is the point, where I usually stop reading.

• Like 1