The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

Can’t wait for these well thought out points to be dismissed with a simple ‘fan fiction’ picture. Classic. 

Well thought out points? More like skim-worthy tombot novels

Reading those posts put me into a trance..almost started listening to "stomping the phantom brake pedal"...Gonna have to start posting that kind of stuff in spoiler tags for public safety

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Reading those posts put me into a trance..almost started listening to "stomping the phantom brake pedal"...Gonna have to start posting that kind of stuff in spoiler tags for public safety

I wouldn’t recommend reading some of Ry-Breads posts then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Stomping the Phantom Brake Pedal is the worst blink related release ever. I still don't know what the hell that was.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Stomping the Phantom Brake Pedal is the worst blink related release ever. I still don't know what the hell that was.

Worst than California??? Most positive thing I've ever heard you say

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

the only thing that would make me reluctant is that Mark was much unhappier then, and whilst I think he's a knob lately I still want him to be happy. 

he definitely seemed happier in the beginning of this era IMO (roxy show, example) but it seems as though when matt settled into being a hired gun and california wasn’t as well-received by fans he sank into a depression again...he admitted so recently. that and his pre-crafted interview answers often seem more guarded than in the 09-14 era. he seems worse for the wear now honestly 

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Nice piece of fan fic there boxelder.

B+

he admitted he sank into a depression after returning home from touring california. the rest is my observation and i denoted this by using IMO. but yes, ok

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

he admitted he sank into a depression after returning home from touring california. the rest is my observation and i denoted this by using IMO. but yes, ok

how was California not a success though...?

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

how was California not a success though...?

i never said it wasn’t, i remarked that it wasn’t well received by fans. by all measures of industry acclaim, it was a big success for the band. i just wonder if it left mark feeling empty because of several factors

1) tom’s absence

2) matt not quite fitting into the band

3) feldmann’s role and the production

considering they went with other options this time around, seems like they weren’t totally sold on feldy. what i’m saying is i could see mark retroactively being disappointed with feldmann’s role and the production on california, and finding fans concerns more valid than he initially thought.

I think Mark might have felt somewhat compromised having Feldman play such a big role, and that bummed him out and that caused him to search for another creative outlet. But ultimately Mark likes counting money (and I’m not blaming him) so they went back to the writers for hire for the new album. 

• Like 1

Just to play devil's advocate here:

Why shouldn't the goal be to make as much money as possible? Every normal person strives to make as much money as they can in their own careers, why would it not be okay for an artist to do the same? Why wouldn't Blink do whatever they can to make as much money as possible and why is that a bad thing? A lofty notion of art or something? Some weird ideal you have in their head of who they are as people?

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Worst than California??? Most positive thing I've ever heard you say

Definitely worse. I like California, just find it very inconsistent. It has 10 songs that I enjoy, the rest are just songs I feel are average or just really bad. I feel the same about AVA really. There's about 10-15 good songs out of their first 4 albums altogether for me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Just to play devil's advocate here:

Why shouldn't the goal be to make as much money as possible? Every normal person strives to make as much money as they can in their own careers, why would it not be okay for an artist to do the same? Why wouldn't Blink do whatever they can to make as much money as possible and why is that a bad thing? A lofty notion of art or something? Some weird ideal you have in their head of who they are as people?

If making money was so important, why did Mark get depressed in the first place?