The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

From this interview:

Yeah, you’ve got bands like Muse who put out a song a month for like a year, which was really cool and that’s something we talked about but, for us, this is a 24 month plan. We launch a song, then the tour, then the movie and the album, then another, bigger tour. Then all the film projects from the past five years will come to life."

He's pretty much confirmed the album will release alongside the movie (and be named the same thing), and the movie hasn't even begun filming yet.... (is supposed to in a few weeks)

Totally missed this interview. Bummer. Blink and Tom got me all hyped for shit and now it's just a tease.

58 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Not really, considering the timing of the release and the fact he never released anything for years.  I'm starting to think that's why he pushed this one out.

*fist bump*

I’m just sayin...

”Do you want to go back to where we started?”

”Take a chance on me...”

”Come my little girl come back....” 

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

*fist bump*

I’m just sayin...

”Do you want to go back to where we started?”

”Take a chance on me...”

”Come my little girl come back....” 

A plot twist would be if he wrote the song for Skye Hoppus and that he and his wife split because of his burning passion for another man's wife ... what you describe was a 3rd rate John Hughes movie, so relax on the fist bumps, M. Night.

I'd write a song for Skye Hoppus. 

I don't think Tom is trying to get Jen back through a song but I do think he wrote it and pushed it out though the emotions of his divorce.  He wasn't really writing anything from the looks of it and then seemed inspired all a sudden.

9 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I'd write a song for Skye Hoppus. 

I don't think Tom is trying to get Jen back through a song but I do think he wrote it and pushed it out though the emotions of his divorce.  He wasn't really writing anything from the looks of it and then seemed inspired all a sudden.

Write what you know, I suppose.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Jen went from posting happily married photos of her and Tom, to posting zero photos of Tom in the last 2 years and they've been replace by sexy ass, cleavage, cooter pics and vids of her dancing.

They be broken up.

Fucking Skye "homewrecker" Hoppus ...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

If Rebel Girl is about Jen then he's never getting her back. What an insult

It's no Pretty Little Girl, but it is equally cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

PLG is so overrated lol. The rap is actually the best part of the song, it just doesn't fit the song at all

I dislike the rap heavily but I also don't like rap in general and you're right, it doesn't remotely suit the song. I actually like PLG but I'm not sure *why* I like it, it has all the awful AVA synthy nonsense that I'm not a fan of, Tom sounds ridiculous in it, the lyrics are quite cringey or ridiculous (seriously, singing "pretty little girl" is quite damn creepy) and the chorus is utter trash, yet I still enjoy it. I can't think of a single good thing about it apart from the bass line but I still enjoy it. idk why. I blame Tom, maybe his alien buddies brainwashed me. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I dislike the rap heavily but I also don't like rap in general and you're right, it doesn't remotely suit the song. I actually like PLG but I'm not sure *why* I like it, it has all the awful AVA synthy nonsense that I'm not a fan of, Tom sounds ridiculous in it, the lyrics are quite cringey or ridiculous (seriously, singing "pretty little girl" is quite damn creepy) and the chorus is utter trash, yet I still enjoy it. I can't think of a single good thing about it apart from the bass line but I still enjoy it. idk why. I blame Tom, maybe his alien buddies brainwashed me. 

Racist.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

seriously, singing "pretty little girl" is quite damn creepy

Yeah but I think ultimately it's just what Tom always does, he's an adult and he always call himself a boy/punk rock kid/whatever. You wouldn't refer to all men generally as “boys” or all women generally as “girls” because that is infantilising as a general statement but I think Tom never really grew up in that sense, so I don't see it in a creepy way.