The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

First off, most of the people on this board are close enough to be the parents of the principle actors in that video. Not quite, but its getting there. So the idea that people would actually find a creepy love story about teenagers touching is just bizarre.

Not to even mention that the guy beats himself.

One thing is certain none of your anti Blink guys can say they are immature any longer.

Take another xanax, cheating on your girlfriend homework

I just can't believe Tom, the mastermind director/producer/author/musician/artist/transmedia magician who paints landscapes, would be ok with that? I know music videos don't mean too much these days and have low budgets, but sheesh. Blink having corny "youthful" stuff I get to an extent being the machine it is, but AVA can do whatever...and this is their grand comeback. Literally go play in a cornfield or in TTS back offices.

The video was shit until the dude starts beating himself up. Wasn't expecting that part.

Outside of that part, it's just the generic music video blink have been coming up with for years now. I don't wanna see 2 actors playing a couple in love, as the band plays in a hangar/stage/ or whatever that space shuttle room is in this video.

This video is the exact same as After Midnight & Bored to Death, just in a different setting. The best video since 2004 from the blink guys has to be Adrenaline by Simple Creatures but that got let down by the generic story of a loved up couple that the song artists aren't involved with.

The idea of them checking out the morgue and hearing freaky noises was cool. They should've had them interacting with the zombies. I always prefer it when a band interacts with the other actors rather than just simply playing. But at least in that video Mark & the ATL guy actually did more than just perform the song, which is why to me that is the best video from any blink guys since Always.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

This video is the exact same as After Midnight & Bored to Death, just in a different setting.

nah, those videos were basically just falling in love. this is a guy flipping his shit because he feels as though a girl owes his something

Just now, boxelder said:

nah, those videos were basically just falling in love. this is a guy flipping his shit because he feels as though a girl owes his something

Yeah, I agree but apart from that it's still the same kinda video where the band just performs whilst two actors play in a love story or something. I like seeing the bands interact in the video a bit more like Always, WMAA, Adrenaline, Dammit, First Date etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Why not make a video about him and his wife's divorce but just keep things loose?

Oh right! Because that would be authentic. Instead we have to cater to teenagers to sell shit.

Pathetic.

Same as it ever was ... you know who pays their bills? Teenagers. Youth is forever the demographic.

Still cringing an hour later. Since AVA/TTS is a "transmedia" experience I assume they either created or at least had full say in the awfulness of the video, and if not then what's the point of all the "transmedia" talking points anyway?

I literally kept expecting it to get funny in some way due to the cheesiness of the acting scenes + the light hearted/sentimental vibes of the song, but nope. So gross and also so stupid coming from Tom and his "inspirational/positive minded" band who are making their triumphant return with this song.

• Like 2

Better easy ideas they could've gone with:

1. The teenagers are all cutesy and lovey dovey and cheesy and it cuts between them (taking place in the past) and them as adults (in the present) and we see them trying to work out some kind of fight or recapture their youthful love or something

2. Two adults going to an AVA show, hurt/mixed feelings ensue throughout the night, they come back together in the end

3. Say fuck it and just release a behind the scenes of AVA recording type of music video

Any of those would've been better than this junk haha

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Would you even bleed that much from beating your own face? That was so strange to me and I don't even really get it...seemed excessive and the blood was super fake. No one is doing that, most would just wack off and go play Call of Duty...

It's art breh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watched the entire video. That dude is quite creepy. But I think he is supposed to be. It's pretty much impossible to watch that video and think that the guy is in the right here. If that's what they're going for that's strange. The girl's "wtf" in the end is the rational voice of the video. 

I think if the guy went home and started crying, started secretly hurting himself,it'd be a teenage unrequited love cliché, but it'd be easier to symphetize with him. His "this is your homework" line just makes him seem petty and unsympathetic. 

It wasn't a great video but I didn't find it as offensive as everyone else - but reading everyone's reactions was hilarious, so thank you. 

Maybe this was already discussed or maybe I'm just very out of the loop with AvA but was that Matt Rubano in the video? I thought he was just filling in on tour. 

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Same people who mock Blink for being too immature are saying that was good.

@Ghent has got a point there.

This video was pathetic, and the fact that people are okay with Tom writing to teenagers as a 40 something year old man is very hypocritical.

You need to join a church! Let a little love into your life ... maybe let the sunshine in a bit.