The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for the studio version. It feels weird to be so hyped for AVA and Tom again but damn it's a fun feeling.

This was his first time on a stage in five years and since he left blink. I don’t think most people have processed the length of time, so it’s a big deal 

14 minutes ago, NotNow said:

This was his first time on a stage in five years and since he left blink. I don’t think most people have processed the length of time, so it’s a big deal 

I may have a tear or two in my eye while I'm watching these videos this morning. The last time I saw Tom was in August 2014, it's amazing to finally see him on stage after 5 years and he sounded fucking great. I'm so hyped for you guys that are going to see him soon ❤

• Like 5
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, Ghent said:

I think California may have sucked with Tom. Yodels yo ohs and weird lyrics could have ruined it. Unless Feldmann kept him in check...Tall task

Don't think Tom has ever used yodelling in blink. Nice try. As for his yodels in AVA, at least it tends to be only 1 song on an album and not every damn one like blink on California (i'm counting woahs & gang vocals as part of these too).

He does have AVAish ladadas going on Wishing Well though. Worked well. That's one of the best post-reunion songs from blink. Tom wouldn't need Feldman anyway. Mark & Travis would've kept him in check and Mark would overthink his songs and come up with way better stuff than he has the last few years.

12 hours ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

No nanananas? You must have forgotten about that little song All The Small Things 

Nope. I also remember Online Songs and The Party Song with nananas. That's what? 3 songs out of their entire catalogue until California? On California nearly every single track had nananas, woahs or gang vocals. Talk about overdoing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

Go to the Instagram live shared on this page. It’s the first song

Medley

Damn. that actually hurt my heart. he's all over the place on guitar for I Miss You but I've never found it works well solo acoustic anyway, but his little "I only know one chord progression than Ilan joins the band and is like 'you know there's more than one chord progression right?' and I'm like "what" was hilarious. 

But yeah, bits of There Is very cute even if his word placements all over the shop but Aliens Exist got me right in the feels. I would rather be right there in front of him playing that verse and chorus than listen to current blink do all of Enema. If they come over to the UK I might go just on the off chance Tom busts out a blink number on an acoustic.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Loudernow said:

this new song is awesome!

Holy shit! 50 Ford trucker hats later and Tom is back!  He sounds great. Also rocking the classic baggy t, shell necklace game, fighting the good fight.

New song gives Chasing Shadows/Boxcar vibes.

Meanwhile blink camp is busy telling their fans how close minded they are.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm intrigued in the song musically, but vocally Tom still sounds like a cat having a stroke so I'm definitely more interested in hearing the studio version rather than this live mess haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Damn. that actually hurt my heart. he's all over the place on guitar for I Miss You but I've never found it works well solo acoustic anyway, but his little "I only know one chord progression than Ilan joins the band and is like 'you know there's more than one chord progression right?' and I'm like "what" was hilarious. 

But yeah, bits of There Is very cute even if his word placements all over the shop but Aliens Exist got me right in the feels. I would rather be right there in front of him playing that verse and chorus than listen to current blink do all of Enema. If they come over to the UK I might go just on the off chance Tom busts out a blink number on an acoustic.

That's because you can tell his songs come from the heart. He's the heart and soul of blink, easily.  What they're doing right now is tragic, both musically and live.

Wish they could just tie this altogether since his voice sounds back, I'd rather watch him play blink than AvA but it is what it is at this point.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Nope. I also remember Online Songs and The Party Song with nananas. That's what? 3 songs out of their entire catalogue until California? On California nearly every single track had nananas, woahs or gang vocals. Talk about overdoing it.

Voyeur. 

• Like 1