The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just now, MSandt said:

The song has nice instrumentation but someone else should sing it. It's not just that the quality of Tom's voice is bad but the pretentious way he delivers it makes it unbearable.

He delivered it pretentiously?! Huh?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You seem to be the only person in all of blink-182 land to feel this way. Maybe you should re-evaluate.

I am not surprised that the blink haters and tombots are lapping it up. Some of you even claimed to love Rebel Girl, which was far worse than this one. Tombots are quite loyal, it's their only redeemable quality

8 minutes ago, MSandt said:

The song has nice instrumentation but someone else should sing it. It's not just that the quality of Tom's voice is bad but the pretentious way he delivers it makes it unbearable.

This and the lyrics are nonsensical and annoying. So put that together with the pretentious delivery and it's enough to ruin a song that may have had some potential at one point

• Like 1

Really love these lyrics:

"My hearts a little bit tired,
And expired,
Just a coward in lift-off

It’s got a little bit risky
To be happy
Toe the edge til we fall off

I’m living the worst way ever
Gettin’ high while playin’ with fire so-
If I’m gonna go try this
Satisfy this
watch the bomb I made go off"

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

NotNow sure is lashing out lol.  A true Tom's Angel. 

The most angelic of them all!

Just now, Matticus said:

You know what I like...it just sounds like Tom writing a song that HE wants to write/hear. He's not catering to anyone. It's a genuine Tom song. 

*co-written with producer Aaron Rubin, not even in the band*

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

This and the lyrics are nonsensical and annoying. So put that together with the pretentious delivery and it's enough to ruin a song that may have had some potential at one point

Yeah Mark and Travis, maybe enen Matt, could've salvaged the song

• Like 1

This is sad, Ghent is starting to sound like Trump just as much as Oliver does. Everything's a conspiracy, I'm the only one who is being truthful, everyone else is a troll, the thing that people claim to like is actually garbage, always deflect never give an inch blah blah blah.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

Just now, Champ182 said:

This is sad, Ghent is starting to sound like Trump just as much as Oliver does. Everything's a conspiracy, I'm the only one who is being truthful, everyone else is a troll, the thing that people claim to like is actually garbage, always deflect never give an inch blah blah blah.

lol, uh, what?

I'm offering no conspiracy here. The song just isn't very good. Despite having some energy and some decent guitar at parts, it still manages to be boring as fuck. Gets worse on subsequent listens. Might actually prefer Rebel Girl because at least it is slightly catchy in its shittiness.

Plus he had to have a producer help him write it. Pathetic

20 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Totally agree. The song is meh but his voice makes it unbearable. I hate his voice 

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I am not surprised that the blink haters and tombots are lapping it up. Some of you even claimed to love Rebel Girl, which was far worse than this one. Tombots are quite loyal, it's their only redeemable quality

What about the rest of the internet? Who's reactions are entirely the same.

Not sure why I took the bait..