The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

11 hours ago, tjennis said:

I have to give it to you. You can be such an insufferable dickhead

Ghent...I don’t mean to be rude, but as someone who has followed this forum since it early days, I feel as though you are extremely negative when it is not called for . Other than that, I have nothing but respect for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out of all the songs that came out in the last couple of months - BIOMY, Happy Days, Darkside, GD, Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell - Kiss & Tell is the one that I enjoy the most. It's just a good song, even though the lyrics don't make sense and it's a shame, but we can't have everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Out of all the songs that came out in the last couple of months - BIOMY, Happy Days, Darkside, GD, Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell - Kiss & Tell is the one that I enjoy the most. It's just a good song, even though the lyrics don't make sense and it's a shame, but we can't have everything.

It truly is a shame. I love the song, the only thing that keeps me from getting goosebumps when I listen to it is the stupid lyrics. Hard to believe no one from toms camp intervened and was like “hey maybe string a few words together that make sense and call it good”. With all the books Tom has supposedly written you would think it would be no big deal lmao.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Smalls said:

It truly is a shame. I love the song, the only thing that keeps me from getting goosebumps when I listen to it is the stupid lyrics. Hard to believe no one from toms camp intervened and was like “hey maybe string a few words together that make sense and call it good”. With all the books Tom has supposedly written you would think it would be no big deal lmao.

He didn't write any of them. Gave writers a vague concept and let them do the work, slapped his name on it. 

This is Tom explaining the song: "Lyrically, this song is specifically about balancing on the edge of a razor blade. Doing something you’re not supposed to be doing, and although you might die while doing it, it’s still very much keeping you feeling alive"

https://www.spin.com/2019/08/angels-airwaves-kiss-tell/ 

It's funny that people are saying these lyrics don't make sense, because while they're not great they're way better than majority of TDW. Most of those songs were actual meaningless phrases and words crammed together. This song has slightly more meaning to it at the very least.

Hilarious how the tombots are totally cool with Ilan and the producer writing shitty AVA songs that you pretend to like but throw hissy fits if blink works with songwriters in studio. 

Total hypocrites, but can’t say I’m that surprised

• Like 2