The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Awful song. Have listened to it twice now and have no intention of listening to it ever again.

The only part that is good is the catchy “no mean no don’t you kiss and tell” the rest is meh, the bridge with the weird computer noises sounds like shit and the last note of the song is so bad and out of place the way they did it. 

• Crab 2

All our differences aside, you have to agree that the production sounds much better than anything blink did since 2015... The drums, the guitar , the vocals....

If aaron really had as mich of a say in these songs as the blinkbots claim he did, blink should give him a call. Sounds more blink than anything released in the skiba era, productionwise

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

All our differences aside, you have to agree that the production sounds much better than anything blink did since 2015... The drums, the guitar , the vocals....

If aaron really had as mich of a say in these songs as the blinkbots claim he did, blink should give him a call. Sounds more blink than anything released in the skiba era, productionwise

All of nine > the two Ava songs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crab 2

51 minutes ago, Neal said:

If by "better" you mean "lifeless and hollow", then I agree with you 100%.

• Like 3
  • Crab 3

4 hours ago, MSandt said:

If by "better" you mean "lifeless and hollow", then I agree with you 100%.

totally. the production of nine is absolutely lifeless and hollow. it's so digitized as to be soulless.

and before folks chime in with "old punker likes albums that sound like crap" — you don't have to sound like CRASS and record in a basement bomb shelter with a broken microphone. is this thing cursed? is a nice indie / pop punk record with a healthy budget done with good people at a decent studio and it sounds perfect compared to nine.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

cool AVA acoustic set that was just streamed apparently:

Three song set. Do It For Me Now, Rebel Girl, and Anomaly. And a lot of talking!

Wow this was cool! Tom kinda sounds like he’s getting sick but cool interview/set. Ilan is an amazing musician. Crazy that Tom really thought he was done, cited artistic differences with blink, and then had to be pushed by his team to do this tour and now says he’s 1000% back with music...

• Like 4

People slagged off mark and matt on the spotify sessions but wow toms voice has really gone! Its like he doesnt wana strain it anymore or scared to.

Those 3 are great tho and i love toms banter, you can tell mark misses having a laugh with tom, makes ya sad :(

thats my only gripe with skiba is the non banter.

i really hope toms puts out a great album, because if its shit i doubt he will tour and make music much again for another few years

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

People slagged off mark and matt on the spotify sessions but wow toms voice has really gone! Its like he doesnt wana strain it anymore or scared to.

Those 3 are great tho and i love toms banter, you can tell mark misses having a laugh with tom, makes ya sad :(

thats my only gripe with skiba is the non banter.

i really hope toms puts out a great album, because if its shit i doubt he will tour and make music much again for another few years

Honestly, my biggest problem with new blink is the live show. I’ve see blink with Tom and blink with Matt, and with Matt it’s just missing the magic to it all, they come across as a band that’s just there to rifle through to set list and get the fuck out of there, whereas with Tom there was banter and off script moments. With Matt everything seems very scripted live and by the book which when compared to a Tom show, is very wack.

• Like 2