The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Again, why is mental illness special? We've speculated about their marriages/other relationships, friendships, motivations for doing various things, their physical health and just about everything else.

Seems like this is just a touchy subject for you and not based on any kind of logic.

Also, if speculating about mental illness is so abhorrent, why are you encouraging it by asking what type of illness we think he has and also sharing your own thoughts on his mental health?

It’s not a touchy subject, just seems irresponsible. It’s easier to speculate on events in their life, but you’re not a doctor, and you’ve never spoken to him. So I don’t see you fit for diagnosing him with a mental illness is all. Not mad at ya. 

and I asked because I’d like to hear you elaborate since you already put it out there. 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Have you never been on this forum before? All we do is talk shit about their lives based on absolutely nothing. 

Lol true. It’s easy to speculate and talk shit about most things. Trying to diagnose someone you don’t know in real life when you’re not a doctor just seems irresponsible, and your conclusion isn’t going to have any truthful bearing so seems pointless to speculate. 

3 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It’s not a touchy subject, just seems irresponsible. It’s easier to speculate on events in their life, but you’re not a doctor, and you’ve never spoken to him. So I don’t see you fit for diagnosing him with a mental illness is all. Not mad at ya. 

and I asked because I’d like to hear you elaborate since you already put it out there. 

Why is it okay for us to speculate about physical health but not mental health? There's also a huge difference between someone saying "Tom seems like he's dealing with a mental illness of some kind" and "Tom definitely has [specific mood/personality disorder]."

And I'm not the one who brought up whether or not Tom has a mental illness/which mental illness he has. All I'm doing is defending people who want to speculate.

@Diddy Faplord Most people aren't just trying to shit on Tom, it's just that we have like 16 years worth of public knowledge that tends to point toward him having a pretty strong change in his personality and becoming WAY more volatile and nonsensical at times. I'm not saying he definitely has this or that mental illness, but he's given plenty of reasons to think he might not be totally well all the time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hopefully “Time Bomb” or the documentary... no chance it’s the album IMHO, Ilan didn’t know the status of it a week ago...

Yea was going to say this about Ilan. Album won’t be out until September at the earliest. Only chance it’s earlier is if the label forces a deadline and I don’t see them doing that with the world right now.

13 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hopefully “Time Bomb” or the documentary... no chance it’s the album IMHO, Ilan didn’t know the status of it a week ago...

i get the idea based on years of following tom that he makes this huge promises and announcements before anything is really done or set in stone. he could announce a new song and the album and i’m sure it’s like a quarter completed. he did that with the to the stars album too, and he spent all of the next month finishing it after already announcing it lol

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Don't think it's the documentary. In a recent Peter McKinnon video, he was talking about having all this down time cause of the virus social distancing thing, and he said it's going to be a good time for him to work on it a lot. Leads me to believe it's still far off

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

This is just heartwarming

Tom is Joe because he looks like him from the First Date video. The zoo is blink. Travis is Travis. Mark is that other guy who breaks up with Joe at the end. Green Day is Doc Antle.

Feldmann is Jeff and Skiba is the hitman.

• Like 2