The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Tom's musical output has been super pleasing to me the last couple years.Chasing Shadows, Of Nightmares, Kiss and Tell and Rebel girl have been awesome. The dreamwalker was great as well. Mercenaries is better than anything out of the blink camp since 2005.

I hope he can keep up his relationship with the Rubin brothers because they do wonders for him. Absolutely stoked for any new Tom Music

• Like 5
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Neal said:

Tom's musical output has been super pleasing to me the last couple years.Chasing Shadows, Of Nightmares, Kiss and Tell and Rebel girl have been awesome. The dreamwalker was great as well. Mercenaries is better than anything out of the blink camp since 2005.

I hope he can keep up his relationship with the Rubin brothers because they do wonders for him. Absolutely stoked for any new Tom Music

Yeah, like he's a total nut job but I much prefer his output of the last five years than literally any previous AVA and any blink since DED. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Yeah he's definitely had a bit of a second wind here.  Chasing Shadows was the bomb and this is looking to gear up to be the same.  If today's song is good I'm going to honestly be surprised, rarely do they go 3/3 for me.

Tom's music right now gives me the right level of nostalgia

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Fuck me how have I not heard Mercenaries yet?  This song is epic, up there as one of Tom's best choruses.  I think I went through a phase of skipping through a lot of AvA songs due to the excruciatingly long intros.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

Yeah I just kinda checked out between Empire-Dream Walker, but this ones a keeper with Wolfpack off that album.

Same! I listened to it all when they first came out but it's largely forgettable and never really made it into my regular music rotation.