The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He said he’s adding more songs, and wrote the best song on the record in the past few days! ETA for first single/video is Fall at this point, which is what I figured...

Ry-Bread you are always super positive and I'm jealous of that, but I don't think this is anything besides him stalling and I assume it still turns into a shorter release.

2 hours ago, bojangles said:

So Tom DeLonge pretty much said don't expect the AVA album until the fall

Also don't expect Rebel Girl, Kiss & Tell and All That is left on the new album

That’s not what he said, he said they’re not singles. He’s said in a different interview they’re on the album

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I just don’t understand why they have to do this like every other week... lol. But on the flip side, it’s all their comments are about 24/7 soooo...

All that is is a shameless plug for To The Stars Academy using blink's name. If it was at all sincere, there would be no reason to tag his company or humble brag.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I just don’t understand why they have to do this like every other week... lol. But on the flip side, it’s all their comments are about 24/7 soooo...

I‘m a Tom fan and like AVA as well (don’t care for his space company...) but he needs to shut the fuck up!

It’s so weak to always brag about this and that and posts like that don’t help him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Osgod said:

I‘m a Tom fan and like AVA as well (don’t care for his space company...) but he needs to shut the fuck up!

It’s so weak to always brag about this and that and posts like that don’t help him. 

It actually does help him, his social engagement is up way more when he's talking about blink or BCR or something throw back, or even just studio shots - check his Insta, the AvA lyrics, the TTS shirt, like 20% of the reach of that blink post. He knows what he's doing. It's gross but he does like to play businessman. 

I thought the album was going to be done in 2 weeks, what a scam. I guess a delay should be expected. After all, he is busy being a filmmaker, running a space company, and banging all those Ava groupies. 

So Fall 2020 = what exactly on the blink announcement scale? Spring 2021 approximately?

• Like 1

The album will come out in December I imagine same as dream walker. It’s not really a matter of the album being done, but the label not wanting to release anything during this for business reasons. Tom releases an album once every six years, they’re not going to waste it when he can’t tour around it and other revenue sources are closed off for a long while.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah it’s actually smart to mention TTSA in a blink post if it’s intentional, because his social engagement will be through the roof, esp if Mark/Trav like it or comment.

And just like clockwork, here’s Mark... LOL

Whats that about?

7 hours ago, Kay said:

It actually does help him, his social engagement is up way more when he's talking about blink or BCR or something throw back, or even just studio shots - check his Insta, the AvA lyrics, the TTS shirt, like 20% of the reach of that blink post. He knows what he's doing. It's gross but he does like to play businessman. 

I know. From a business standpoint it’s smart. But he will anger Blink fans who can’t take this shameless namedropping and selfpromoting anymore. And this will hurt him more than the number of likes on such a post. 

26 minutes ago, Osgod said:

I know. From a business standpoint it’s smart. But he will anger Blink fans who can’t take this shameless namedropping and selfpromoting anymore. And this will hurt him more than the number of likes on such a post. 

But who cares? That’s like a couple thousand people that care about such a post? Maybe at most that’s a very generous number I’m giving you. Versus the million plus that see a blink post that are entertained and like it because no one that’s not on one of these sites gives two fucks about Tom reminiscing about blink.

How would this hurt him more than the engagement lol. No one gives a fuck

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

But who cares? That’s like a couple thousand people that care about such a post? Maybe at most that’s a very generous number I’m giving you. Versus the million plus that see a blink post that are entertained and like it because no one that’s not on one of these sites gives two fucks about Tom reminiscing about blink.

How would this hurt him more than the engagement lol. No one gives a fuck

Who do you think buys his stuff!? AVA fans, sure. But that’s not the biggest fanbase. I‘m sure most of customers are still Blink fans. And every sane Blink fan should be pissed of by constant comments like that. And pisser of people are not the greatest buyers...sales 101 lol. 

I mean I‘m more a Tom fan than a Mark and Travis fan but that’s just annoying. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Who do you think buys his stuff!? AVA fans, sure. But that’s not the biggest fanbase. I‘m sure most of customers are still Blink fans. And every sane Blink fan should be pissed of by constant comments like that. And pisser of people are not the greatest buyers...sales 101 lol. 

I mean I‘m more a Tom fan than a Mark and Travis fan but that’s just annoying. 

For every 1 blink fan who'd make the conscious decision to not support him because of his blatant marketing, I guarantee 1 person is like "aw man, remember this guy? So cool. Oo look T shirts!" he's been doing it this way for years and I imagine it usually produces profits, if it didn't he wouldn't do it. 

It's all about marketing, you'd be surprised how many blink fans don't give a shit. 

• Like 5