The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

The ONLY hope that new BCR would be good is that Travis takes a huge role with it and works on the side with other people away from Tom.

I wouldn't think Travis would put his name on something as lame as AVA sounding BCR.

I’m as big as a Travis fan as you will find anywhere, but he will put his name on anything bro. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I think his current voice would sound terrible on BCR songs. That would be the biggest obstacle of all.

Kinda agree with this post although I do love his current voice. Now and then Tom still writes BCR sounding songs such as Circle Jerk Pit and he can still come up with those heavy post hardcore styled riffs like he has for Up All Night, Snake Charmer, Inertia etc but they come in spades. The songs aren't nearly as good as the ones from BCR.

Also knowing how Tom writes his music, he's always progressing. It's been almost 20 years since the last BCR album. Any album under the BCR name is gonna be vastly different from the one in 2002. Tom isn't the same person and neither is Travis.

I can imagine a new BCR album would be more electronic influenced, similar to some of the elements heard on Refused's Shape of Punk to Come album. It will probably be more garage and raw sounding too. It'll have long intros similar to Mercenaries or outros similar to Snake Charmer. Also from past BCR talk, there's been mentions of singers featuring on the album like that dude from Saosin whatever they're called (I remember reading this on one of Tom's posts about BCR on Instagram like 2-3 years ago and that singer commented on it too). It'll probably have Machine Gun Kelly on the album too.

I think it would make a damn good album but people will be disappointed that it's not gonna be the BCR from 2002 if it does happen.

33 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Kinda agree with this post although I do love his current voice. Now and then Tom still writes BCR sounding songs such as Circle Jerk Pit and he can still come up with those heavy post hardcore styled riffs like he has for Up All Night, Snake Charmer, Inertia etc but they come in spades. The songs aren't nearly as good as the ones from BCR.

Also knowing how Tom writes his music, he's always progressing. It's been almost 20 years since the last BCR album. Any album under the BCR name is gonna be vastly different from the one in 2002. Tom isn't the same person and neither is Travis.

I can imagine a new BCR album would be more electronic influenced, similar to some of the elements heard on Refused's Shape of Punk to Come album. It will probably be more garage and raw sounding too. It'll have long intros similar to Mercenaries or outros similar to Snake Charmer. Also from past BCR talk, there's been mentions of singers featuring on the album like that dude from Saosin whatever they're called (I remember reading this on one of Tom's posts about BCR on Instagram like 2-3 years ago and that singer commented on it too). It'll probably have Machine Gun Kelly on the album too.

I think it would make a damn good album but people will be disappointed that it's not gonna be the BCR from 2002 if it does happen.

That sounds fucking awful, good thing it'll never happen. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

That sounds fucking awful, good thing it'll never happen. 

37 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Why would it have MGK? Is this just your fantasy?

what I really wanna know is, would he bring the Mesa Boogies back?

• Like 1

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea I know. I watched a video on YouTube not too long ago where his guitar tech basically shit on Mesa Boogies. Stupid. 

The same guitar tech that thought dirty fingers on a semi hollow guitar through a vox/fender combo would sound good?

• Haha 1

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

Hahaha yup I imagine the same one. Isn’t that just the dumbest combination of specs tho? Boggles my mind. 

It's something I would have done in high school because I was a retard who didn't know any better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

The ONLY hope that new BCR would be good is that Travis takes a huge role with it and works on the side with other people away from Tom.

I wouldn't think Travis would put his name on something as lame as AVA sounding BCR.

Dude, didn't you just ask for a download link to the Miley Cyrus blink song? Gimme a break lmao

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

Absolutely nothing from AvA sounds like Box Car except Secret Crowds

Are you fucking deaf? Jesus H christ it doesn't sound anything like BCR you daft cunt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Anyone else remember when Tom used to say Ava was just the continuation of Boxcar and was essentially the same band to him? Then when he quit blink again and needed attention suddenly Boxcar coming back was a thing.

Hahahah fuck that’s a good point , aw anyway - that’s our Thomas ! 

• Like 1