The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

16 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Marks answer is almost identical to toms. I don’t get why toms is somehow way worse. Tom didn’t even say he could come back whenever he wanted here, he just said everyone’s busy doing their own stuff but that he would like to come back at some point. And I don’t see any issue with him saying he has business interest in the band still. It shows he still has an interest in the band, which I’m sure most casual people don’t know. Anyone with a working brain knows he isn’t saying he straight up owns the band. 

All he needed to say was “yeah I’d be up for that but who knows what’s going to happen in the future” then it’d be similar to mark answer. He doesn’t need to mention that he’s recently spoken to Travis and mark about coming back. How often have you heard mark say that’s happened?

When Tom says he still owns the band of course he’s just meaning his share but it’s so plainly obvious that what he is saying is that because of that he can come back whenever he wants, to borrow what you said “anyone with a working brain” can see that clearly.

• Like 1

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. He seemed pretty in the moment and chill with the answer. We already knew all this and the HoF would be a nice non- threatening reunion for Tom and the guys without necessarily upending Skiba if there's stuff in the works with him.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

All he needed to say was “yeah I’d be up for that but who knows what’s going to happen in the future” then it’d be similar to mark answer. He doesn’t need to mention that he’s recently spoken to Travis and mark about coming back. How often have you heard mark say that’s happened?

When Tom says he still owns the band of course he’s just meaning his share but it’s so plainly obvious that what he is saying is that because of that he can come back whenever he wants, to borrow what you said “anyone with a working brain” can see that clearly.

I think you’re just making your own assumptions. He literally said “it came up recently, but we have no plans for that to happen.” Don’t see at all how that’s Tom saying he can show back up whenever he wants. That’s no different from mark saying “yea I’d be up for that but who knows.” You’re making an assumption that he’s using that he has a financial interest in the band to imply he can come back whenever he wants, but he clearly didn’t say that here. He said it to express that he still has interest in the band it was a laid back answer.

1 minute ago, NotNow said:

I think you’re just making your own assumptions. He literally said “it came up recently, but we have no plans for that to happen.” Don’t see at all how that’s Tom saying he can show back up whenever he wants. That’s no different from mark saying “yea I’d be up for that but who knows.” You’re making an assumption that he’s using that he has a financial interest in the band to imply he can come back whenever he wants, but he clearly didn’t say that here. He said it to express that he still has interest in the band it was a laid back answer.

That’s fair. I probably am making my own assumptions a little but that comes from seeing so many interviews with Tom where he does say what I’m saying and is pretty straight up about it. He definitely has said before “it’s still my band I can come back whenever I want” so when I hear “I’m still an owner of the band” my mind goes to that.

I just feel after quitting the band twice Tom could just answer those questions a bit better. More humble maybe? I dunno.

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

That’s fair. I probably am making my own assumptions a little but that comes from seeing so many interviews with Tom where he does say what I’m saying and is pretty straight up about it. He definitely has said before “it’s still my band I can come back whenever I want” so when I hear “I’m still an owner of the band” my mind goes to that.

I just feel after quitting the band twice Tom could just answer those questions a bit better. More humble maybe? I dunno.

I thought his answer and body language was laid back and humble af. You’re just hating and over analyzing as usual

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I thought his answer and body language was laid back and humble af. You’re just hating and over analyzing as usual

Good for you sweetie. Did you even read the post you quoted? Try to again and you’ll see I admitted to making assumptions based on past bias so I don’t see what point your trying to make here?

15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Good for you sweetie. Did you even read the post you quoted? Try to again and you’ll see I admitted to making assumptions based on past bias so I don’t see what point your trying to make here?

Dude what is up with the hostility between everyone here lately? :(

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Dude what is up with the hostility between everyone here lately? :(

Boredom, really. Its just finding ways to entertain ourselves, happens every time there's a lull. 

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yes. "I just feel after quitting the band twice Tom could just answer those questions a bit better. More humble maybe? I dunno."

• Crab 1

12 hours ago, NotNow said:

He literally said "I own the band" in his usual tone where he acts annoyed that people care more about his old band then his stupid projects and C-rate AVA songs. 

He has "interest" in the dollar signs that blink generates and that's where it starts and stops.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

He literally said "I own the band" in his usual tone where he acts annoyed that people care more about his old band then his stupid projects and C-rate AVA songs. 

He has "interest" in the dollar signs that blink generates and that's where it starts and stops.

He said “I own the band with the guys.” You conveniently left the full quote out.

Also Tom just slipped the term “his fiancé” in an instagram live interview lol. Chat went nuts

• Like 2

Hey @NotNow and @twentytwenty Check this:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/tom-delonge-ufo-video-pentagon-release-blink-182-994370/

interviewer asks Tom about an Instagram post he made reminiscing about blink and what brought on the post. Tom starts with just saying he was looking at some photos and just felt like it. Would’ve been a great answer had he capped it off there. He covered why he posted it and it was done.

But no. He then has to mention how he talks to mark and Travis all the time, mark just recently And Travis every couple of weeks. Nobody asked if he had spoken to them but it obviously needed to be pointed out. He also has to point out that people always ask(even though this interviewer didn’t) if the three will ever play again as blink and of course they will.

What I was saying about that other interview can’t really be denied now can it. It’s so blatantly obvious what he’s doing you’d have to be blinded by Tombot goggles to not see it.