The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Oh man, can't tell if this is a subtle burn or just him referencing Tom again. Mark sure has been bringing Tom up a bunch lately. Hm. 

Yeah good question. I think it’s... a good-natured ribbing? I’d like to think anyway. Or maybe just an excuse to bring up Tom, like you said. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:56 PM, Diddy Faplord said:

Lol. I’m not even doing a Scott vs. Travis argument here. To say Travis has no passion is beyond ridiculous tho, he is ALL passion. Quite frankly, we all know whether you admit or not blink would have never reached the level they did without Travis. Mark and Tom will both tell you that too. He deserves all the praise he gets. But again, I wasn’t here to debate Travis vs. Scott. I was simply mentioning the fact that Scott was mediocre, and blew his chance with blink. Anyone with his opportunity could have filled those shoes. So I’m not impressed by the fact he just happened to be going to high school with Tom. He was sloppy and off time live, so it would be dumb to ever bring him back. Which they won’t, so i guess I’m wasting my breathe lol 

I actually mostly agree with you. Scott served his purpose, and sure, he was mediocre (maybe he was competent, but I don’t put him on any pedestal). The reason I crabbed your earlier post was bc you said a 5 year old (who isn’t a musical prodigy, I assume) could do what he did, which seemed a bit over the top, lol

4 hours ago, thongrider said:

It's not like Mark's bassines are crazy either though or Tom's singing is like Frank Sinatra. 

That doesn’t matter. I’m over arguing about this. But their songwriting and catchy riffs/hooks is what got them where they were until Travis really helped elevate them. I’m just saying Scott would have been easily replaceable/interchangeable with any other novice drummer. He sounded like shit live so I don’t see the reason to ever bring him back for a one off performance so he can make them sound ever worse lol

4 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Easyyy @Diddy Faplord EASY! DOWN BOY!

giphy.gif

Nobody is wanting Scott to replace Travis as the drummer of Blink 182. Any sane person on Earth would agree that Travis is much more talented and contributed a lot more to the songs and success of the band. What COULD be cool though, is to see him perform one of the songs he played on back in the day if by some chance Blink got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I have no idea how those performances work, but imagine Mark Tom and Travis starting off with Feeling This, ATST, I Miss You, and then Scott comes out and they play Dammit with Scott, and then they end with The Rock Show with all 5 current or former Blink members playing onstage. Scott being a part of that would be a cool nostalgic moment and acknowledgement of the band's original lineup after all these years.

That doesn't mean he was a great drummer or a Biblical figure haha, but he IS an important figure in the full story of Blink 182 and a one-off performance to show that would be pretty sweet!

Well that was kind of condescending lol. My whole point is he gets more praise than he should for having just been in right place at right time (going to high school with Tom). I would have no interest in seeing him play and butcher a song with them when the drummer they have would play the song much better with 1,000 times more energy. Doesn’t mean I hate anyone that would like to see Scott. I just think some of his fandom is unearned. And I’m pointing out it’s really that era of blink people miss and cherish , not necessarily Scott himself 

5 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

It's about chemistry @Diddy Faplordnot sure why this needs to be explained..  it's why Dream Theatre sucks. Everyone is like an 11/10 technical skills.  Sometimes more simple drums can bring out the others more.  Both styles work, some like less indulgent like on Dude Ranch time to time

Lol Scott did not have great chemistry with blink. You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Any 5 year old that wanted to play the same easy beat Over and over could have played those songs. But hey, you’re right! He had such great chemistry with the boys that they kicked him out lol. What a joke of a comment 

• Crab 1

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lol Scott did not have great chemistry with blink. You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Any 5 year old that wanted to play the same easy beat Over and over could have played those songs. But hey, you’re right! He had such great chemistry with the boys that they kicked him out lol. What a joke of a comment 

Musical chemistry.

Cunt,

bag

31 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Why? Because he wrote drum parts that were never recorded or used to sell the album?

He has songwriting credits on it. Some places Travis is credited though, but in Enema booklet only Tom and Mark are. 

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

Musical chemistry.

Cunt,

bag

Yea, such great musical chemistry that Mark and Tom realized they enjoyed playing music better with someone else lmfao. You have no leg to stand on here. 

p.s. what’s a cunt comma bag? It’s like you used cunt in place of “sincerely” and then signed your name as bag. I’m confused. 

5 hours ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Yeah good question. I think it’s... a good-natured ribbing? I’d like to think anyway. Or maybe just an excuse to bring up Tom, like you said. 

I think mark just saw it, found it funny and wanted other people to enjoy it also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

p.s. what’s a cunt comma bag? It’s like you used cunt in place of “sincerely” and then signed your name as bag. I’m confused. 

Yes @Jan's Plan as someone who calls people a cunt bag almost daily the comma was definitely not needed.

• Love 1