The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

oh, i forgot. Ilans drumming fucking slaps on all of those three tracks more than anything i'ver heard travis do since DED. Maybe it's the production, maybe travis is just jaded at this point. Ilans creativity as a drummer is just far superior to what travis comes up with at this point.

fight me!

Ilan is great!

Rebel girl is decent. It’s just the chorus is very meh. But the bridge / breakdown is the best part of any of the songs released so far. Kiss and tell is the best overall song though.

Also the instrumentation for rebel girl live is so good, so makes me think the mix could be a lot better.

@Neal  it's funny, I love those backing vocals that come in near the end of Kiss and Tell - that elevates it for me, especially live. Just like the alternating melodies.  Musical taste is odd. Rebel Girl is a cool song but I don't find myself really going back to it.

All That's Left is Love though, eh - listened to it once and that was enough

• Like 1

Tom has always used the deadest crusty old woman names - well, in AVA anyway.

How does it go in It Hurts? Sherrieeee do you want it? Sherrie? Who's called that? Like, the drink? Wtf Tom

Sherriee and Lorene, just two gals vibin'

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Tom has always used the deadest crusty old woman names - well, in AVA anyway.

How does it go in It Hurts? Sherrieeee do you want it? Sherrie? Who's called that? Like, the drink? Wtf Tom

Sherriee and Lorene, just two gals vibin'

I know a few, spelled differently though.

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I know a few, spelled differently though.

Really? Maybe it's more American then, I don't think I've ever come across a Sherrie. Yeah I'm butchering that spelling

30 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Idk probably my catholic upbringing? Relentless guilt issues saying things like 'God' improperly in a sentence.

Interesting. It’s not an issue. Just something a I noticed the other day. Makes everything feel super dramatic lol.

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I wonder if Tom was sleeping with Marie back in 2005. What a coincidence that all these weird uncommon names rhyme with his new girlfriend's name. "It Hurts" has taken on a new meaning

Umm, this is...a stretch. I’m not sure if you’re joking, but lots of traditional women’s names in the US rhyme with Marie, so yes it could be a coincidence. Plus, Sherrie is a known, common enough middle-aged woman name in the US. Not a “made up to cover up the real name” type name like Lorene (which is technically a real name, but sounds made up to me as an American).