The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

24 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

"Your best friend is not your girlfriend."

Always found that line odd coming from a married man.

But yeah I really doubt he was cheating for 15 years.

Yeah he was definitely not cheating for that long. I still doubt he cheated at all tbh.

27 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah he was definitely not cheating for that long. I still doubt he cheated at all tbh.

Tom always struck me as a solid guy, a bit of a kook, sure but a decent human.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Tom always struck me as a solid guy, a bit of a kook, sure but a decent human.

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 

They were high school sweethearts, right? People change a lot, they probably just grew apart. I can't imagine Tom is particularly easy to live with, he seems impulsive at best and who knows what issues she brought to the relationship. It's a shit situation all around but these things happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

They were high school sweethearts, right? People change a lot, they probably just grew apart. I can't imagine Tom is particularly easy to live with, he seems impulsive at best and who knows what issues she brought to the relationship. It's a shit situation all around but these things happen. 

Not that it changes your point imo, but they weren’t high school sweethearts— Tom was 20-21 when they got together (1996). Still very young though.

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Toms talked about it hurts a lot in the past. Pretty sure he said it’s about a friend of his getting divorced.

That actually makes sense, “your best friend is not your girlfriend” can easy be referred to a marriage that lost its spark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

What/where is this? Curious

4 minutes ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

What/where is this? Curious

I got no idea sorry! I only watched it the once when it came out and people discussing it here. Wouldn’t know what to search. Someone else might be able to help.

• Like 1

Yeah that’s the one. Obviously remembered the discussion here more then the video because all he says is “I’ve had a really big year” and relates it to his parents divorce  but yeah it was around the time of the divorce theory that was going around. It fits. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 6:57 PM, Russel Coight said:

I agree, but it’s just confusing bc from the outside, it does seem like they got separated to be with each other. 😕 so many shades of gray though, I suppose.

One thing that makes me think Tom is a decent guy overall, is that his daughter hasn’t disowned him. She knows what happened, and she’s not cool with it, but she still appears to like him/not be freezing him out. Which I guess says something good about the kind of dad he was/is.