The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

20 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Tom's been in AVA longer than his first stint in blink-182, which was 1992 until he quit in 2005. I can't believe he really thought they would be the biggest band in the world. I don't think their most popular record even outsold Buddha. 

I dont know dude. WDNTW has to have sold a shit ton of copies. It debuted pretty high on the charts when it landed.

Also, they gave Love Part One away for free. So thats not super fair.

14 minutes ago, Reg said:

At least his music is better than current blink 

Way better, and it's true he's totally washed up vocally. Rebel Girl, Kiss & Tell would be so forgotten about if Blink had ANY good music right now.  If that came out in '05 we would hardly care, it stands out because it's against California and NINE

• Like 2

I quite like that he's a loon who doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore and is just living in a poncy tree house trying to talk to aliens and playing with legos. He's literally living the dream of every 8 year old boy. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Tom hasn't even released 10 songs in the Skiba era! I wish he would be honest for once and say he's semi retired. 

If Matt leaves, I hope Tom would at least make EPs for blink the way he does for Ava once every 5 years. 

Tom delonge EP - 8 tracks. 

Of Nightmares EP - 4 tracks. 

Chasing Shadows EP - 4 tracks. 

Plus 3 singles. 19 songs. Not including the previously unreleased tracks from the dream walker demos.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Speedo said:

And you've done what with your life?

you'll hear this on part 3 of my 182news podcast interview, but i've always said that i admire the shit out of people who just do what the fuck they want to do. and tom has always done that. do i think Love and Love 2 are boring? totally. i listened to each of them once, and that was more than enough. but i give props to tom (and mark, and matt, and travis) for saying fuck it, this is who i am. i don't have to like everything an artist does; i admire the artist for simply producing.

• Like 5

On 7/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, Reg said:

At least his music is better than current blink 

Parking Lot > Rebel Girl & ATLIL and it’s not even close IMHO. 

I’ll give him Kiss & Tell, that beats *some* new blink songs and is a banger.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Crab 6