The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I really can't see how this is a best case future scenario.

Imagine Tom, Mark and Skiba trying to harmonise each other? it's bad enough when it's just a combo of two of them. 

Also there are plenty of Blink songs where a second guitar part is simply not needed, sure most of their songs have extra guitar parts but they're usually very low in the mix and I wouldn't them to get the levels right. Can imagine Skiba playing a really quiet subtle backing guitar part that completely overpowers the main part that Tom is playing, or vice versa. 

No, no, NO.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 11:39 PM, Speedo said:

I've got no desire to see Blink live regardless of who is playing guitar. I saw 'em a few times in their heyday and that's good enough for me. So, fuck it, let Tom come back, put out a few songs and quit again. Repeat this cycle every few years, I'm good with that. I stream all their shit anyway and I don't buy their merch so I've got no skin in the game. I'm not losing money on a shit product, fuck it. Bring back Thomas.

I've never got the luxury to see them as they've only been here once twenty years ago. Would love to have a chance to see them, any lineup really

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The biggest obstacle with the 4 piece will be guitar tone. Can Tom fix his terrible tone and play alongside Skiba and his weird guitar choices?

No. The biggest obstacle is Tom would never go for that. It’s HIS band. He mocks most of the blink songs he wrote himself, he sure as fuck won’t be up there performing songs from California and NINE with Skiba (or by himself). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

No. The biggest obstacle is Tom would never go for that. It’s HIS band. He mocks most of the blink songs he wrote himself, he sure as fuck won’t be up there performing songs from California and NINE with Skiba (or by himself). 

This.  Not sure why anyone can think Tom's ego will just magically disappear. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Imagine a reunion with tom, where blink acts like cali, nine and whatever else was inbetween do not exist and they rock a greatest hits setlist.

This is likely what would happen IMHO. BTD is the main setlist staple from this era, it would essentially be just dropping that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Oh I know, I was thinking ahead if they actually were going to play. They could probably just swap them out between songs. But none of this will happen anyway, it's fan fiction!

2 hours ago, Ixidor said:

Imagine a reunion with tom, where blink acts like cali, nine and whatever else was inbetween do not exist and they rock a greatest hits setlist.

If Tom reunited, but they kept Matt and became a 4-piece band, maybe Tom would be on board with a few of such songs if they gave him some parts to sing instead of Matt or Mark.  But if a reunion with Tom meant that Matt was out, then yeah, I doubt anything after his absence would be there, except maybe a single or two.

12 hours ago, M!ke said:

If Tom reunited, but they kept Matt and became a 4-piece band, maybe Tom would be on board with a few of such songs if they gave him some parts to sing instead of Matt or Mark.  But if a reunion with Tom meant that Matt was out, then yeah, I doubt anything after his absence would be there, except maybe a single or two.

I wouldn't believe this even if I saw it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ixidor said:

I wouldn't believe this even if I saw it.

I'd be very intrigued to see them become a 4 piece band.  Green Day briefly officially became a 4 piece band during their trilogy of albums where they made Jason White an official member (though he later was demoted back to just a touring member).  And I never thought they would ever be anything more than a 3 piece band, so ya never know.

2 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

It's not like Billy Joe was kicked out, replaced and then returned to form a 4 piece. Green Day's situation is/was nothing like Blink's.

Sure, obviously it's not the same scenario at all, but based on where everyone is at, it sure feels like Tom will be back in the band sooner or later at this point.  The question is just, if he returns, does Matt stick around or not?

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

tom needs to be the center of attention and is very passionate about the idea of blink being his band. he doesn't even mention matt skiba's name in interviews. if he came back, skiba would be gone and they would likely pretend that whole era never happened. 

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he doesnt want another guitarist coming up with ideas for “his band”. Might cause a toxic environment, and its not like blink doesnt have enough of that already