The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Man if Tom didn't sound so terrible live in those earlier AaA years, maybe they could have become something a bit bigger.  Clips like that are embarrassing, like you get a sense with the instrumental and the production that they had it in them to put on a pretty epic show, but good lord does Tom just butcher that underlying feeling and turns it into a joke with his truly awful live singing.  Half the time he's not even playing his guitar, so you'd hope with all his effort at those points being put into singing that he could sound halfway decent, but shit so many of those earlier AaA performances are painful to sit through.  I'd argue he's gotten a bit better in the time since, but he's still pretty bad live.

• Like 2

seeing the AVA movie in the theater was such a weird experience. I specifically remember thinking "this has to get interesting soon. any minute now" over and over again throughout the entire movie. It never did.

Only AVA fans saw it, obviously, so everyone there was a fan of the band. And walking out of the theater, I heard multiple conversations of people saying things along the lines of "well, that sucked!" haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was going to compare The Love movie to a bad M Night Shyamalan movie as some of the worst movies I've ever seen. It has an IMDB rating of 5.5 with over 8000 votes which is the coincidentally the same as Lady in the Water by M Night lol. 

It does have some cool visuals, but you're better off finding still images. It makes me mad how much time that Tom wasted making this. It's not even remotely close to being a finished movie. Half of it looks like it was filmed with a phone.

If you want to watch a space movie, watch Interstellar

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah it’s really bad, the only movie I’ve seen worse is that one with Ryan Reynolds where he’s buried alive and you think the movie will get better but it’s just him in a coffin the whole time.

I actually like that Ryan Reynolds movie haha

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kay said:

Me too, I thought it was pretty good, but I like bottle episode concepts. 

Another one I thought was similar to Buried is Phone Booth. It's just in a different setting that's all. I liked how that whole movie took place inside of a phone booth, although it showed a few scenes outside of the phone booth as well.

I've always liked those kinda films that take place in one setting. They don't even have to be stuck in places like that for me to like it either, it can be in buildings as well. Reservoir Dogs was another one with way more characters (although the story is completely different as they're not actually stuck there and being held hostage, they're hiding out and becoming suspicious of each other). Speed is another one too, just it all happens on a bus. Obviously those two movies have some scenes outside of the main setting but you get what I mean haha.

I actually once had an idea of a guy being stuck on a toilet for a whole movie, where if he moves then some kinda bomb explodes. But then i realised they actually did that scene in one of the Lethal Weapon movies.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah it’s really bad, the only movie I’ve seen worse is that one with Ryan Reynolds where he’s buried alive and you think the movie will get better but it’s just him in a coffin the whole time.

That movie fucked me up. I felt physically sick after it ended. Horrific 

On 8/31/2020 at 5:47 PM, Kay said:

I've never seen it because it looks dull as fuck, glad I didn't miss anything. I love Sci fi and douchey films and I still won't watch it. 

this ^

I can't even remember now where I was discussing movies...Tom's movies I mean. I think someone suggested this to me but warned me not to watch it at night cuz it requires attention. Didn't realize it required interest too. lol I'm joking. I mean, I probably shouldn't prejudge. Folks were wrong about California album. I love that one!

10 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Another one I thought was similar to Buried is Phone Booth. It's just in a different setting that's all. I liked how that whole movie took place inside of a phone booth, although it showed a few scenes outside of the phone booth as well.

I've always liked those kinda films that take place in one setting. They don't even have to be stuck in places like that for me to like it either, it can be in buildings as well. Reservoir Dogs was another one with way more characters (although the story is completely different as they're not actually stuck there and being held hostage, they're hiding out and becoming suspicious of each other). Speed is another one too, just it all happens on a bus. Obviously those two movies have some scenes outside of the main setting but you get what I mean haha.

I actually once had an idea of a guy being stuck on a toilet for a whole movie, where if he moves then some kinda bomb explodes. But then i realised they actually did that scene in one of the Lethal Weapon movies.

If it were this scene?? (oh hell yea! lol)

nMabz2_cWVaalSoisIKTpmiWaAixXuK-kDf53e3E

oh, and I guess I never saw Lethal Weapon.

Loved Phone Booth tho! Yeah, is it weird to like that it was in just one location? lol

11 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Phone Booth is great. Love that movie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tombomb said:

If it were this scene?? (oh hell yea! lol)

nMabz2_cWVaalSoisIKTpmiWaAixXuK-kDf53e3E

oh, and I guess I never saw Lethal Weapon.

Loved Phone Booth tho! Yeah, is it weird to like that it was in just one location? lol

The image or video didn't pop up! This is the toilet bomb scene in Lethal Weapon though. If you like classic 80's and 90's action movies, then you'll probably like this. Think it was Lethal Weapon that put the buddy cop type movies on the map as well.