The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 8/31/2020 at 8:54 AM, M!ke said:

I dunno, post 2007 has seen some solid stuff from Tom, Dogs Eating Dogs, most of Neighborhoods, I-Empire, and The Dreamwalker all have some really good Tom content.

But then he's also released some crap in that time too both LOVE albums are garbage, his demos odds and ends album sucks, most of the AAA EPs have sucked balls, the Love movie was forgettable and boring (I genuinely almost forgot that even existed), and I haven't read any of his books or graphic novels, but I can say with certainty that I don't have any interest in them, and I say that as someone who is absolutely interested in the idea of aliens and alien tech.

The thing that pissed me off most about those was he really only needed one. There was no real reason for him to do two albums other than to delay working on Blink. I could easily find 10 songs between both albums that would of made for one solid album. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, Chewy030 said:

The thing that pissed me off most about those was he really only needed one. There was no real reason for him to do two albums other than to delay working on Blink. I could easily find 10 songs between both albums that would of made for one solid album. 

Yeah I agree with this. There's so much filler crap on both albums. All he had to do was focus more on the better songs or songs with more potential like Saturday Love, Surrender, Flight of Apollo, Some Origins of Fire and All That We Are (first half of this song is shite but as soon as the guitars kick in, fucking hell, such a good ending).

Every song on the album has good ideas but nearly all of them just sound rushed and feel like filler tracks to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

On top of the design being questionable, it's not even very good technically (the lettering seems off and the shading is weak). A big old yikes.

This is my biggest thing.  Why can't these rich musicians/actors get GOOD artwork done?  They have the connections, the money, and yet they still choose to get tattoos from the guy on the corner who spends all day tattooing barbed wire, crosses and infinity signs on people. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

This is my biggest thing.  Why can't these rich musicians/actors get GOOD artwork done?  They have the connections, the money, and yet they still choose to get tattoos from the guy on the corner who spends all day tattooing barbed wire, crosses and infinity signs on people. 

I looked through the tattoo artist's instagram and she's not amazing or anything, but her work is decent. Tom probably brought in his own idea and wouldn't compromise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I looked through the tattoo artist's instagram and she's not amazing or anything, but her work is decent. Tom probably brought in his own idea and wouldn't compromise.

wow you're right.  Clean lines, good shading.  Tom probably drew that design himself lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Depf said:

It's a clear sign that he joined a prison gang. Very much looking forward to his take on "Prison bound" . Tom with a goldtop les paul will be amazing. 

in the meantime

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/sep/15/star-of-bethlehem-spaceship-tom-delonges-new-career-ufo-expert-blink-182

Love the Social D reference, you just made my day lol.