The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Again I don’t blame Tom or his label  for not releasing the Ava album during COVID. I completely understand why the label haven’t released it during this time. All I’m saying is that there are musicians/bands releasing music during this time regardless of their ability to tour. I was only stating the fact that there are bands/musicians releasing music in the last few months.

Really this whole discussion came down to me not agreeing with this quote:

“They’re not releasing any albums if you can’t tour around it. Whole industry is in that state”

Because the whole industry isn’t in this state. Some bands won’t release stuff but some will. It’s not an industry wide thing but an album to album/musician to musician thing which @NotNowagreed with in his last post.

edit: it was never a “these bands are doing it so angels and airwaves should do it” but a “the music isn’t totally dead during covid” thing. 

That’s not what I said at all but okay. It’s definitely an industry wide thing, labels are being very selective about what they choose to release.

10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Is MGK super popular?

I guess he is now. I'd never heard of him before him getting together with Travis and the people on this board pushing him. He was apparently a rapper before this but I don't know how popular or good he was, that's not really my scene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I guess he is now. I'd never heard of him before him getting together with Travis and the people on this board pushing him. He was apparently a rapper before this but I don't know how popular or good he was, that's not really my scene.

All I knew was he was some knob head who tried to have a feud with Eminem. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Depf said:

the tl;dr:

mgk called em's 15 year old daughter hot. em fires shots at mgk. mgk tries to counter, em ethers him.

mgk switches genre.

narrative a : wow, mgk saves poppunk, what a multi talented dude

narrative b : can you believe some half pedo was stupid enough to diss em? he's not allowed in hiphop anymore. let him be the poster child for a genre that attracts what he desires. lawlz

So I just googled this because I didn't feel like the timeline added up. Eminem's daughter, the only one who would be considered hot, is currently 24. The feud happened two years ago?

So what is this pedo stuff you baked into that post?

Just now, Speedo said:

Whats the best pop punk record you've heard so far this year?

I don't think I have a favorite pop punk album this year, but the new Broadway Calls album (Sad in the City) is nice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So I just googled this because I didn't feel like the timeline added up. Eminem's daughter, the only one who would be considered hot, is currently 24. The feud happened two years ago?

So what is this pedo stuff you baked into that post?

It was something he said in 2012, apparently.

6 minutes ago, Depf said:

idk man, and to be honest i don't really care. at all.

it's just a narrative, not my narrative.

while not overly stoked on mgk i personally welcome that poppunk is mentioned at all. the ramones did their best album after the dookie hype and i hope the same for blink. 

ok, minus the last Performance being spoiled by tim armstrong. but apart from that i'm all in

Is there anything NOT spoiled by that marble-mouthed weirdo?

7 minutes ago, Depf said:

idk man, and to be honest i don't really care. at all.

it's just a narrative, not my narrative.

while not overly stoked on mgk i personally welcome that poppunk is mentioned at all. the ramones did their best album after the dookie hype and i hope the same for blink. 

ok, minus the last Performance being spoiled by tim armstrong. but apart from that i'm all in

Fair enough, I'm just over people flippantly calling anyone they don't like a pedophile these days. It's weird