The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Richard Kind is a great actor. The rest not a great cast. Who knows about the newcomers, the same thing happened to the stranger things cast. Obviously I’m not comparing this to stranger things, but my point is the first role teenagers might not be terrible.

At the same time, directing actors where this is their first major role and are teenagers so they have little experience and this is your first time directing with no background in filmmaking sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

MGK didn’t switch genres because of Eminem. He has incorporated bits of rock into his songs since the beginning. He wanted to make a pop punk album, which makes sense since he’s always been into it and had big success with I think I’m Okay. He said he’s still going to be making rap albums alongside pop punk.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kibbles said:

MGK didn’t switch genres because of Eminem. He has incorporated bits of rock into his songs since the beginning. He wanted to make a pop punk album, which makes sense since he’s always been into it and had big success with I think I’m Okay. He said he’s still going to be making rap albums alongside pop punk.

Sounds like something a poser would say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

what did you think was going to happen?

I honestly fell for it again, I saw a lot of artists coming to their own again with the quarantine forcing them to, and a lot of good music has come out unexpectedly.  Rebel girl and kiss and tell got A LOT of really good reception, and I thought it'd finally push him to have a moment. 

I don't think Tom will ever take music uber seriously again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaslit Jan said:

I honestly fell for it again, I saw a lot of artists coming to their own again with the quarantine forcing them to, and a lot of good music has come out unexpectedly.  Rebel girl and kiss and tell got A LOT of really good reception, and I thought it'd finally push him to have a moment. 

I don't think Tom will ever take music uber seriously again.

in fairness, i'd be willing to believe the album is done and they're preparing to market a new single and the album over the next few months. i realize that's optimistic, but they were tracking awhile ago now and we're still on track for their new (possibly label chosen) timeline of Oct/Nov single and album in spring

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ye. said:

in fairness, i'd be willing to believe the album is done and they're preparing to market a new single and the album over the next few months. i realize that's optimistic, but they were tracking awhile ago now and we're still on track for their new (possibly label chosen) timeline of Oct/Nov single and album in spring

Tom? Timelines?

• Like 2

*sigh* if only you all had listened to the fabulous 182 News podcast which featured AVA's Tour Manager and one of Tom's best friends who built his vocal booth he is currently using, you would know that the instruments are done and Tom is re-doing all his vox in said booth at his house so that it all sounds the same. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

*sigh* if only you all had listened to the fabulous 182 News podcast which featured AVA's Tour Manager and one of Tom's best friends who built his vocal booth he is currently using, you would know that the instruments are done and Tom is re-doing all his vox in said booth at his house so that it all sounds the same. 

Does that include the released songs?

38 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I think it's called taking your time, I know you Skibabots think that churning out 20 songs in a few months is normal but it isn't for most artists.

Good to see Tom taking his music serious again.

Nice straw man.

Taking 3 years and renting out a house isn't normal either. 

I hope Tom gives us another STOMPING THE PHANTOM BREAK PEDAL!!!!1111!!!!

14 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I think it's called taking your time, I know you Skibabots think that churning out 20 songs in a few months is normal but it isn't for most artists.

Good to see Tom taking his music serious again.

There is a difference between taking your time on something and just not working on it.  Tom's done both here. Rebel Girl came out over 18 months ago and by the time the record comes out it will be likely 2 years old. It's obvious Tom just literally stopped working on music for a good 6 months there at least, most likely more. 

I'm sure he's taking more time and putting in a bit more care then the Cali sessions but if you believe he's been meticulously working on these songs, perfecting them for 2 years straight now then you're dreaming. 

• Like 5