The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

There is a difference between taking your time on something and just not working on it.  Tom's done both here. Rebel Girl came out over 18 months ago and by the time the record comes out it will be likely 2 years old. It's obvious Tom just literally stopped working on music for a good 6 months there at least, most likely more. 

I'm sure he's taking more time and putting in a bit more care then the Cali sessions but if you believe he's been meticulously working on these songs, perfecting them for 2 years straight now then you're dreaming. 

3 of that 6 was touring. I'd be comfortable in giving the other 3 to quarantine. Tom is usually doing multiple things and scheduling is always an issue, it has been since the beginning of AvA, the reunion of blink and through to now.

Is it how a normal, functioning band produces music? No. It is, however, pretty standard for this band. Tom will work, put it down, do something else, work on it again and out it down and do it all over again. Make announcements, promises, break deadlines and those promises. 

I'm happy to have new music from him but I don't see much sense in spending a lot of time worrying about it. It'll come when it comes, eventually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mayor P.P. Butt said:

3 of that 6 was touring. I'd be comfortable in giving the other 3 to quarantine. Tom is usually doing multiple things and scheduling is always an issue, it has been since the beginning of AvA, the reunion of blink and through to now.

Is it how a normal, functioning band produces music? No. It is, however, pretty standard for this band. Tom will work, put it down, do something else, work on it again and out it down and do it all over again. Make announcements, promises, break deadlines and those promises. 

I'm happy to have new music from him but I don't see much sense in spending a lot of time worrying about it. It'll come when it comes, eventually. 

I didn't necessarily mean like 6 months straight but like a staggered 6 months easily in the last 18 when Tom just wasn't working on music which is fine. As you said he gets distracted very easily and is always working on a bunch of stuff so i'm sure he often just drops music for a while.

it's just not the "Tom taking his time on the music unlike blink" stuff being the reason we haven't heard the album. It's just Tom being Tom. Working on music when he feels like it.

If the record would be done, tom would've posted it all over social media.

I don't expect this to come out before 2022. Maybe he'll give the "its tied to a movie" excuse again...

Don't know, don't care. I'm in no rush as there are other bands out there, you know? and i'm sure it's going to be good stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't really mind - Three singles, two are duds, one is baller. I can't see Tom justifying said tracks being on an album that won't be out for years after, especially if he's redoing vocal takes - that wouldn't make any sense at all on already released songs.

I think he's probably realised that and maybe he's added a few more tracks to compensate for those and will release an album without those songs, leave them as standalone singles?

Tom does random crap and I'm just mildly amused by the ride.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah I don't really mind - Three singles, two are duds, one is baller. I can't see Tom justifying said tracks being on an album that won't be out for years after, especially if he's redoing vocal takes - that wouldn't make any sense at all on already released songs.

I can't remember, which is the single that you like?

There's no way Dan was being serious. You Tombots are as delusional as your hero. Tom isn't taking his time, he's WASTING his time. The new movie/tv show will be a flop just like TTS, which pays 6 figure salaries, but they still don't have a single product in sight to offset the losses.

Let's not forget his beautiful wife left him because of all of this stuff.

Edited by Feeling_This_1
  • Crab 2

35 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

There's no way Dan was being serious. You Tombots are as delusional as your hero. Tom isn't taking his time, he's WASTING his time. The new movie/tv show will be a flop just like TTS, which pays 6 figure salaries, but they still don't have a single product in sight to offset the losses.

Let's not forget his beautiful wife left him because of all of this stuff.

tombot here,

you seem kinda mad? tom is allowed to work on whatever he wants, at any pace he wants. it's HIS work. he doesn't owe us anything. also, really weird of you to bring up his personal life and just state an assumption as a fact. yikes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotpantsdelonge said:

tombot here,

you seem kinda mad? tom is allowed to work on whatever he wants, at any pace he wants. it's HIS work. he doesn't owe us anything. also, really weird of you to bring up his personal life and just state an assumption as a fact. yikes.

You have to excuse Feeling_Kids, he gets cranky when he doesn't get his pedo fix. I wouldn't waste your time trying to sort him out.

12 minutes ago, hotpantsdelonge said:

tombot here,

Well I'm concerned for Tom because his priorities make no sense. TTS has lost millions and he does anything he can to delay just playing with AVA. He takes his hobbies to an extreme level. Let me guess, you are a proud stockholder

i don't  understand why feeling_kids gets such a kick out of other people's failures, but it is super uncomfortable to read his posts.

I also don't understand why everybody just assumes that jen left him. as far as i know they got divorced, and that's all we know. but yeah, people like to project

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Well I'm concerned for Tom because his priorities make no sense. TTS has lost millions and he does anything he can to delay just playing with AVA. He takes his hobbies to an extreme level. Let me guess, you are a proud stockholder

thank god you set your priorities on ranting about a former pop punk star online, instead of researching kids profiles on instagram.

excellent work there amigo

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

you're concerned about something that isn't your business and literally doesn't affect you at all? lol ok. let the guy do what he wants. i'm sure he doesn't give a single shit about some rando's opinion on what he chooses to do with his own time.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

2 minutes ago, hotpantsdelonge said:

you're concerned about something that isn't your business and literally doesn't affect you at all? lol ok. let the guy do what he wants. i'm sure he doesn't give a single shit about some rando's opinion on what he chooses to do with his own time.

Tom, is that you? If it is, please un-block me on Instagram!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Neal said:

thank god you set your priorities on ranting about a former pop punk star online, instead of researching kids profiles on instagram.

excellent work there amigo

Why do you Tombots take it personally when someone points out the obvious fact that Ava and blink fund all this stuff.

TTS Academy exists because they sold $3 million in fake stock. They don't make any money and never will. 

He's actually good at making music, but nope the Tombots hand him millions for another bad movie. When will they learn?

i think it's worth mentioning some of us just love Tom's music and don't really care what else he does. if you think it's dumb, don't waste your money on it and move on with your life. it's annoying that it gets in the way of his music, but he really doesn't care what we think so why should anyone else haha 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Hey I agree, but I'm not wasting any more time on it than the people who are defending it. They assume I'm ranting when I'm not, but that's them projecting their own feelings. They get personally offended because Love has a 5.5 on IMDB. 

I don't need 5 Tombots to tell me that Tom isn't reading my posts.

It's such a spinjob for some of you to say Tom is taking his time and being extra careful. Please let's be serious

Maybe you should log off completely, that'll show them!

• Like 2