The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

14 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

History shows that the Tombots are always wrong in the end. In 2-3 years some mediocre film production by Tom will be released and all of us will be saying the same thing about how bad it is.

Have you had a break from crying yet today or have you been at it nonstop?

• Crab 1

I'm pretty sure Tombots also think Tom's movies are crap. These movies, franchises, books and all are basically just Tom's passion projects that are for Tom's frame of mind more than anything.

I've never heard anyone on these forums get excited or talk much about Tom's projects outside of music. No one cares including the Tombots. Now his music? Yeah, people get excited for that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lindemulder said:

The Lonely Astronaut on Christmas Eve actually has a rating of 4.63 on GoodReads. That is not bad or mediocre in any way. I haven't read it but it does sound charming

tom thrives on the simple stuff. it's when he starts trying to be co-writer and kick off massive "franchises" in the effort to be the next star wars that he overestimates his own ability. baby steps, my guy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lindemulder said:

The Lonely Astronaut on Christmas Eve actually has a rating of 4.63 on GoodReads. That is not bad or mediocre in any way. I haven't read it but it does sound charming

I have a copy, it's pretty forgettable but it is for children and I am not one nor do I have any to read it to. The illustrations are pretty cool, though. 

Here's a video of it being read, if you're interested: https://globalnews.ca/video/6787592/studio-story-time-the-lonely-astronaut-by-tom-delonge

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:58 AM, Lindemulder said:

That one is actually a pretty cute little children’s book. I have a copy, I’m sure I would have loved reading it every Christmas as a kid. We’re definitely not the target audience but I think that specific project succeeded at being exactly what it was trying to be.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The melody is cool, much like "Why Are We So Broken" I would very much love to hear a non-techno version.

Yeah, that Steve Aoki one was great until that electronica chorus or whatever. I feel like it fits more with this song and it'd be cool to hear one with a track without that electronica breakdown or whatever.