The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

This is absolutely one of the best Tom interviews I've seen in years. Great find!!

"Do you look at a lot of hot girls and think, “That would be fun?” Yeah! Of course! You’re a guy. But, at the same time, a lot of them are psychotic" lmao, he's like: Tombots be crazy!

I definitely agree with it being one of the best interviews with him. He come across so at ease and down to earth imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

"Do you look at a lot of hot girls and think, “That would be fun?” Yeah! Of course! You’re a guy. But, at the same time, a lot of them are psychotic" lmao, he's like: Tombots be crazy!

yeah and then he cheated on his wife with the little birdie.

55 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Who despite wearing blink shirts and going at blink shows in her youth still only know him as a guy in a band 🙄 Great interview though!

Are there pictures of her wearing blink shirts or something? I mean I wouldn’t be surprised being that she was married to one of the guys in Kut U Up lol

2 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Are there pictures of her wearing blink shirts or something? I mean I wouldn’t be surprised being that she was married to one of the guys in Kut U Up lol

Maybe I dreamt this, which would be really weird because why would I dream about tom and his girlfriends. But wasn't there a picture of her and her boyfriend with blink shirts at a record store or something like that? I'm calling out @Ghent to answer this for us!

All I know is anytime tom gives more insight into his personality, it makes more sense why he doesn’t want to do blink. Guy wants to live a pretty normal “daily life” and hated the fame and pr game at the scale blink was. Blink tours probably suck when you have a new set of 30k people every day and everyone on your tour with all eyes on you all for a 90 minute rush. Some people that’s worth it, some people they never want to be in that position, and some people like it got their fix but don’t need it their whole life. The latter being Tom.

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Maybe I dreamt this, which would be really weird because why would I dream about tom and his girlfriends. But wasn't there a picture of her and her boyfriend with blink shirts at a record store or something like that? I'm calling out @Ghent to answer this for us!

haha yeah there was definitely a pic of her in a blink shirt or of her with Tom. I don't remember which it was though

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

haha yeah there was definitely a pic of her in a blink shirt or of her with Tom. I don't remember which it was though

Thanks man, I knew it was something like that! Didn't people fish the picture out right after he said those things about her only knowing him as this guy from a band or something like that? Was hella funny!

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:yeah and then he cheated on his wife with the little birdie.

well fair enough but, he was talking about hooking up with groupies. Not getting into a serious relationship with someone in his inner circle. 

but also, I get the sense that the whole breakup/divorce situation is more complicated than just “Tom is horny asshole/Jen was loyal loving wife.” Certain things I’ve heard or that Tom has said, both before and after the breakup make me think they had deep seated issues that weren’t all Tom’s fault. That doesn’t make having an affair okay. But, yeah. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NotNow said:

All I know is anytime tom gives more insight into his personality, it makes more sense why he doesn’t want to do blink. Guy wants to live a pretty normal “daily life” and hated the fame and pr game at the scale blink was. Blink tours probably suck when you have a new set of 30k people every day and everyone on your tour with all eyes on you all for a 90 minute rush. Some people that’s worth it, some people they never want to be in that position, and some people like it got their fix but don’t need it their whole life. The latter being Tom.

He changes his reasoning for not wanting to do blink in every single interview.  Honestly his "woe is me I'm so famous" act is total bullshit.

If it wasn't for losers like us on this message board buying every single thing he produced for 20 years he wouldn't be able to live out his fantasies of being the next Elon Musk or Steven Spielberg.  I understand that it would be tough sometimes, but the one thing Tom forgets about is his massive ego.  Has he EVER shown humility in these types of interviews? Has he ever followed up his sob stories about being too famous or busy or whatever with a "thank you" to his fans?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

He changes his reasoning for not wanting to do blink in every single interview.  Honestly his "woe is me I'm so famous" act is total bullshit.

If it wasn't for losers like us on this message board buying every single thing he produced for 20 years he wouldn't be able to live out his fantasies of being the next Elon Musk or Steven Spielberg.  I understand that it would be tough sometimes, but the one thing Tom forgets about is his massive ego.  Has he EVER shown humility in these types of interviews? Has he ever followed up his sob stories about being too famous or busy or whatever with a "thank you" to his fans?

He doesn’t do it in interviews much (recently anyway... he used to more). But... yes, he does it. A lot. 

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Why are you so bitter about everything? Life isn't that bad, let the fucking sunshine in, it's going to be okay!

• Like 1

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

a white knight speedo appears!

See? So angry all the time! It's not healthy. You're mad at people you've never even met ... one of them you've never interacted with at all! You're going to give yourself a coronary, try and relax my friend, don't get so worked up over meaningless nonsense!

13 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

As I was saying, there’s multiple reasons as to why he doesn’t want to do blink

• Like 1