The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

10 minutes ago, He Is Risen said:

See? So angry all the time! It's not healthy. You're mad at people you've never even met ... one of them you've never interacted with at all! You're going to give yourself a coronary, try and relax my friend, don't get so worked up over meaningless nonsense!

At least I can voice my actual opinion on topics! 

On 4/29/2020 at 8:48 AM, Ry-Bread said:

Ok I don’t really care about Tom’s personal life, he seems super happy which is great, but if this is true that is def wild how it came full circle... (esp because I’ve seen this DR promo pic so many times and have been insanely jealous of the poster) From reddit:

31wskiozvov41.jpg

@Diddy Faplord, I think this is the photo/post they're referring to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahtmd said:

@Diddy Faplord, I think this is the photo/post they're referring to.

lol damnnnn... wonder if a young Chris would be purchasing those items with her if he knew old Tom was gonna come and snatch that vag away from him years down the road 

2 hours ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Here’s just one example of him thanking his fans profusely. Just sayin’. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BkOMFJjRx/?igshid=1krb0knlu15p6 

yea, thanking his AVA fans who are basically just "yes men" to Tom. He would have never had AVA without his blink fans

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

All I know is anytime tom gives more insight into his personality, it makes more sense why he doesn’t want to do blink. Guy wants to live a pretty normal “daily life” and hated the fame and pr game at the scale blink was. Blink tours probably suck when you have a new set of 30k people every day and everyone on your tour with all eyes on you all for a 90 minute rush. Some people that’s worth it, some people they never want to be in that position, and some people like it got their fix but don’t need it their whole life. The latter being Tom.

I agree that maybe now Tom is happy not being a huge star and is enjoying a quieter life but that was never the reason he quit blink.

First time he was constantly claiming Ava would be the next big stadium band selling out shows that eclipsed even blinks biggest shows and then the next time he was apparently booking blink shows at the time he got the news he was out so he obviously wasn’t too over the big crowds, big money and fame.

Now that all his new endeavours didn’t take off in the way he imagined he’s enjoying a more quiet life but it was never the reason. It’s always been about control and Tom wanting to do whatever he wants whenever he wants and not work on others schedules. Which is fine for someone at his level but his handling of it was always the issue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I agree that maybe now Tom is happy not being a huge star and is enjoying a quieter life but that was never the reason he quit blink.

First time he was constantly claiming Ava would be the next big stadium band selling out shows that eclipsed even blinks biggest shows and then the next time he was apparently booking blink shows at the time he got the news he was out so he obviously wasn’t too over the big crowds, big money and fame.

Now that all his new endeavours didn’t take off in the way he imagined he’s enjoying a more quiet life but it was never the reason. It’s always been about control and Tom wanting to do whatever he wants whenever he wants and not work on others schedules. Which is fine for someone at his level but his handling of it was always the issue.

Again I didn’t say it was why he quit blink. It’s A reason he doesn’t want to do blink. He’s clearly much happier with a quieter life once he got it and downsized his own operations massively with his other company pre to the stars that managed Macbeth, modlife, and a couple other things in a giant warehouse. That was like 40 to 50 employees. I’m sure he wasn’t happy when those businesses were failing, but he seems happier on the other side five years later.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Again I didn’t say it was why he quit blink. It’s A reason he doesn’t want to do blink. He’s clearly much happier with a quieter life once he got it and downsized his own operations massively with his other company pre to the stars that managed Macbeth, modlife, and a couple other things in a giant warehouse. That was like 40 to 50 employees. I’m sure he wasn’t happy when those businesses were failing, but he seems happier on the other side five years later.

But Tom does want to do blink but only when it suits his schedule. If Mark and Travis hadn’t got tired of his shit and kicked him he’d still be doing it when it suits him. That’s why he keeps mentioning that it’s still his band, that he will be back one day and the only reason he isn’t doing it is because everything else he is doing is too important right now.

If Tom had 6 months off from all of his other projects right now and Mark called him and said “Hey wanna do a blink tour, earn a few million and then go back to doing your other stuff?” (Ignoring COVID for discussion sake) do you really think Tom would say no?

Im not denying he’s found some peace and comfort in his quieter life but it has absolutely nothing to do with why he isn’t doing blink right now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

But Tom does want to do blink but only when it suits his schedule. If Mark and Travis hadn’t got tired of his shit and kicked him he’d still be doing it when it suits him. That’s why he keeps mentioning that it’s still his band, that he will be back one day and the only reason he isn’t doing it is because everything else he is doing is too important right now.

If Tom had 6 months off from all of his other projects right now and Mark called him and said “Hey wanna do a blink tour, earn a few million and then go back to doing your other stuff?” (Ignoring COVID for discussion sake) do you really think Tom would say no?

Im not denying he’s found some peace and comfort in his quieter life but it has absolutely nothing to do with why he isn’t doing blink right now.

Yea I do. Toms been saying that for five years. He doesn’t want to do blink. He has to say that so he’s not blamed for ruining the band. Just put the blame on others and he never has to deal with it.

14 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I think it's one thing to ask Tom to go on tour again.  He'll tour any day with his eyes closed, that's hardly a task for Tom, its just free easy money for minimal work from him.  Now if they asked "Hey, ya wanna spend 6 months to a year to make a new blink album?"  Tom might still say he's onboard, BUT, he wont see the money come back his way nearly as quickly or as much of it by just recording a new album, so it would lead to Tom dragging his feet again, and the album that shouldn't have taken any longer than a year to make, would instead result in 3 or 4 years of development hell.  And again, Tom likely would be more interested in recording in separate studios and doing things over the internet and all that (which these days, that is a totally logical thing to do, but I'm saying he'd make sure that would be the process even if there wasn't a global pandemic right now) over making music together in person.

Having said that, I think Tom is still capable of getting shit done in a timely manner if inspiration hits him.  I dunno what the deal is with DED, but as I recall it sure sounded like that EP was essentially all Tom's idea, like he approached Mark and Travis about doing it, and then they churned it out in no time.  Whatever the hell struck him at that time to make that music at that time needs to be how he always approaches music these days.  But it's very clear with how long this latest AaA album has taken to be finished that that part of him just isn't really there anymore.

4 hours ago, NotNow said:

Yea I do. Toms been saying that for five years. He doesn’t want to do blink. He has to say that so he’s not blamed for ruining the band. Just put the blame on others and he never has to deal with it.been saying he doesn’t have time for blink right now. 

Nope. All Tom has been saying is he doesn’t have time for blink right now cause everything else is “way bigger”. 

33 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I think it's one thing to ask Tom to go on tour again.  He'll tour any day with his eyes closed, that's hardly a task for Tom, its just free easy money for minimal work from him.  Now if they asked "Hey, ya wanna spend 6 months to a year to make a new blink album?"  Tom might still say he's onboard, BUT, he wont see the money come back his way nearly as quickly or as much of it by just recording a new album, so it would lead to Tom dragging his feet again, and the album that shouldn't have taken any longer than a year to make, would instead result in 3 or 4 years of development hell.  And again, Tom likely would be more interested in recording in separate studios and doing things over the internet and all that (which these days, that is a totally logical thing to do, but I'm saying he'd make sure that would be the process even if there wasn't a global pandemic right now) over making music together in person.

Having said that, I think Tom is still capable of getting shit done in a timely manner if inspiration hits him.  I dunno what the deal is with DED, but as I recall it sure sounded like that EP was essentially all Tom's idea, like he approached Mark and Travis about doing it, and then they churned it out in no time.  Whatever the hell struck him at that time to make that music at that time needs to be how he always approaches music these days.  But it's very clear with how long this latest AaA album has taken to be finished that that part of him just isn't really there anymore.

Nah I don’t think Tom recording a blink album would ever fit into his schedule again. A quick ep like DED sure but not an album. Wasn’t there a quote or something where it was Tom’s  suggestion blink would just be releasing little ep’s here and there in between touring rather than full albums? I seem to remember something like that.

16 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Wasn't Tom's motivation with DED tied into Modlife?

Yep. definitely was. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Wasn't Tom's motivation with DED tied into Modlife?

Oh shit, you're absolutely right.  I completely forgot about that aspect of it all.  Funny how I had pretty much completely wiped any memory I had of modlife.  I remember on a separate occasion for like a day a blink site popped up on modlife only to be removed a day or two later (this was independent from the modlife page to buy the DED digital EP packages).  Tom was definitely trying to get blink onboard with his music social media platform, wonder what kind of behind the scenes drama that shit led to.

Also, in hindsight, what a terrible name for the platform Tom was trying to have go mainstream.  What aspect of the name Modlife conveys that it's focused on music? 

• Like 2

If you guys want a good read, check out the bio of the guy who co-founded TTS with Tom. The guy is a total con man and it's hilarious how much of a joke he is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_E._Puthoff

Cliff notes:

-he was a high ranking member of Scientology in the 70s

-believed that a bunch of magicians/illusionists had actual telekinetic and psychic powers

-founded a company similar to TTS which was funded by donors

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

If you guys want a good read, check out the bio of the guy who co-founded TTS with Tom. The guy is a total con man and it's hilarious how much of a joke he is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_E._Puthoff

Cliff notes:

-he was a high ranking member of Scientology in the 70s

-believed that a bunch of magicians/illusionists had actual telekinetic and psychic powers

-founded a company similar to TTS which was funded by donors

Still, not a pedophile.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

• 2 weeks later...