The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Other posters are able to edit without the thing showing up unless someone posted after them. It shows up 100% of the time for me. It's an annoying feature from when Patient edited my account settings

I didn't edit your account settings, that was Ghent. All I did was change your username to Feeling_Kids_1.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Other posters are able to edit without the thing showing up unless someone posted after them. It shows up 100% of the time for me. It's an annoying feature from when Patient edited my account settings

When you edit, you have a message below where it says “reason for edit” and a checkbox where you can box or unbox the “show that the message has been edited”

On 12/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, Kay said:

Tom isn't coming back, but if he did I don't think Matt would choose to stay. I think he's been mostly acting as a stand in (he really seems respectful but not really equal to the team) and I think if Tom was coming back he'd just go "cool" and leave. Regardless of what blink camp or fans want, I can't really see Matt wanting to stay if Tom returns. 

Also, you forgot to mention how much Tom would not want Matt to stay.

• Like 1

I know we've been over this thousands of times, but Skiba has just not left a mark on Blink in any way shape or form. It's incredible that he's been a member for almost six years, but there would be no reason for him to stay other than if they wanted him to stand at the back of the stage and play power chords to beef up the live sound.

Don't get me wrong that could be cool, and he has done an adequate job at allowing the Blink name to stay afloat by being the third member for awhile, but he just hasn't actually added anything that has earned him a part of the legacy at all in my opinion.

• Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=856405251601054

AVA's FB "

Hello friends, Happy New Year! 2020 was a year none of us are soon to forget and we know that so much hurt, despair and uncertainty still overwhelm the earth. It’s hard to look forward, but at times like these, that is what continues to bring the light at the end of the tunnel closer. In that spirit, we are continuing to look forward and wanted to give you a little update on all things Angels & Airwaves. We are (safely and distantly) back at work putting the finishing touches on our 6

th studio album, which we feel is our best yet. If all goes as planned, songs will be ready to roll out this Spring. We also have shows planned, so as soon as it’s safe, we will be out playing them! With so much to keep looking forward to, please wear a mask, wash your hands, stay safe and know this too shall pass. Kevin Trout"

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=856405251601054

AVA's FB "

Hello friends, Happy New Year! 2020 was a year none of us are soon to forget and we know that so much hurt, despair and uncertainty still overwhelm the earth. It’s hard to look forward, but at times like these, that is what continues to bring the light at the end of the tunnel closer. In that spirit, we are continuing to look forward and wanted to give you a little update on all things Angels & Airwaves. We are (safely and distantly) back at work putting the finishing touches on our 6

th studio album, which we feel is our best yet. If all goes as planned, songs will be ready to roll out this Spring. We also have shows planned, so as soon as it’s safe, we will be out playing them! With so much to keep looking forward to, please wear a mask, wash your hands, stay safe and know this too shall pass. Kevin Trout"

Ohhhh yay more mediocre music ahead!

@Q182 posted this picture in the sticker strat thread.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-04-at-9-39-16-PM.png

And @Speedo and I started discussing the upper arm tattoo. I've never seen it before. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it maybe a temporary tattoo or something that was drawn on? It's very light, so I think it's either fake or he was in the process of having it removed.

Does anyone (@Thibaut182 possibly?) know of other pictures from around this time (mid-1997) that could shed some light?

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

And @Speedo and I started discussing the upper arm tattoo. I've never seen it before. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it maybe a temporary tattoo or something that was drawn on? It's very light, so I think it's either fake or he was in the process of having it removed.

Does anyone (@Thibaut182 possibly?) know of other pictures from around this time (mid-1997) that could shed some light?

We gave my friend, Scott, tattoos in high school using a needle and india ink and it looked faded like that in several of them. Maybe it's just a cheap, homemade tattoo. 

Side note: I'm not sure how any of us are still alive.

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

We gave my friend, Scott, tattoos in high school using a needle and india ink and it looked faded like that in several of them. Maybe it's just a cheap, homemade tattoo. 

Side note: I'm not sure how any of us are still alive.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility too. But yeah, I'd like to see more pics so we can get a better idea of whether it's real and also hopefully figure out what it says so we can laugh at him.

41 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

This is real. It’s still on his arm just hidden amongst the other tats. I remember reading an interview with Tom long ago and he mentioned it. I think it’s Statue of Liberty with punk spikes 

edit- maybe it’s not Statue of Liberty. But it’s definitely real. Putting some real disrespect on Tom’s name suggesting he’d rock a fake tattoo. Especially when he already has that double band tatted on his arm. Smh 

5 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

This is real. It’s still on his arm just hidden amongst the other tats. I remember reading an interview with Tom long ago and he mentioned it. I think it’s Statue of Liberty with punk spikes 

Thanks!

Looks like it might have been reworked a bit.

c0a901e09620a485879cdd830ff406e8.jpg

I'd definitely like to see more pictures of it from earlier.

38 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility too. But yeah, I'd like to see more pics so we can get a better idea of whether it's real and also hopefully figure out what it says so we can laugh at him.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0AnJwA4

You can see it right here 

8 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

edit- maybe it’s not Statue of Liberty. But it’s definitely real. Putting some real disrespect on Tom’s name suggesting he’d rock a fake tattoo. Especially when he already has that double band tatted on his arm. Smh 

There's nothing wrong with messing around with fake tattoos for a laugh. I have over 80 hours of tattooing on me so far and I still like fake tattoos for fun.

15 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

There's nothing wrong with messing around with fake tattoos for a laugh. I have over 80 hours of tattooing on me so far and I still like fake tattoos for fun.

As a dude that likes real tattoos I find that offensive haha. Not really. Just thought that’s a funny thing to suggest for someone who’s already tatted tho. To quote Tupac, “I ain’t mad at ya.” 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

As a dude that likes real tattoos I find that offensive haha. Not really. Just thought that’s a funny thing to suggest for someone who’s already tatted tho. To quote Tupac, “I ain’t mad at ya.” 

Haha, I could see Tom getting someone to draw something ridiculous on him before a show just to be funny, but obviously that's not what happened.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 9:37 PM, Patient #48273 said:

I've never seen that picture before, thank you for posting it!

I have this picture in my archives from a show from 1998 where we can see it a little bit and it was already started to be reworked by then! 

k54udemvf5c51.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1