The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

the bummer is that his 2019 tour seemed to get him genuinely excited about music and touring again and then obviously the pandemic came around and put and end to that.

That was like me and working out. Hitting the gym every day for six months and theeeeen gyms are closed for a year and still closed here.

• Like 2

i'd be willing to bet that the label wanted them to wait until they could tour, so he jumped on that so he could take longer and then kept writing music for it because he keeps talking about being inspired. doesn't really excuse it, though.

although i'll still take this over regular blink releases i don't care for.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wait so Tom closed down his auto body shop store and TTSA fell apart? Nice. One step closer to coming home. Him and Birdie will have a great time on the giant blink/MGK tour summer 2022

Lol a blink/MGK tour is imminent isn’t it? I don’t even care, I’d be happy as hell to just hear concerts are a thing again!

33 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Does anyone know when Tom's obsession with Ford trucks began? Why isn't a rock star living in California driving a Lambo? 

Lambo's dont have cool designer gear hats that fuse to your minimising hair follicles as you sweat profusely.

I said my piece Chrissy

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm just curious if he truly ties this all to the movie he made, or if he's doing a separate EP for that. (My hope).

Also, surely RG/K&T/ATLIL don't make this album right? They'll be quite old.

that's what I've been wondering too. Reminds me of how the original AVA movie was supposed to be filled with We Don't Need to Whisper and I-Empire music and it took so long that it came out during the LOVE era and only used LOVE music.

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Also, surely RG/K&T/ATLIL don't make this album right? They'll be quite old.

I’d put money on them being on it. Let’s be honest here, Tom is lazy when it comes to music these days. The WDNTW acoustic album ended up just being an ep. This album that was meant to come out ages ago is still being worked on. He will take the easy route and those songs will be on it.

And honestly based on all the other snippets we’ve heard Kiss and Tell will be the best song on the album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’d put money on them being on it. Let’s be honest here, Tom is lazy when it comes to music these days. The WDNTW acoustic album ended up just being an ep. This album that was meant to come out ages ago is still being worked on. He will take the easy route and those songs will be on it.

And honestly based on all the other snippets we’ve heard Kiss and Tell will be the best song on the album.

It sucks too cus I really think that his older voice would be well suited for start the machine

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Ah man first time I thought about this and that would be a major letdown, and that song is so good it’s possible.

• Like 1

my gut tells me that the three singles will just stay as 7" releases and not be included on the new album. but if they are on the album, i think it will be like 14 songs total. 

and the record for sure won't be released alongside the movie. i would be willing to bet that never sees the light of day. but if it does, it'll take like two years for it to happen. i can't see the label allowing him to keep pushing the album to do this.

7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

my gut tells me that the three singles will just stay as 7" releases and not be included on the new album. but if they are on the album, i think it will be like 14 songs total. 

I do really hope you’re right. Always want more Tom music. But I just really can’t see it happening. 10-12 songs with the 3 included is my likely bet.