The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

28 minutes ago, Speedo said:

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country ... sexually."

::makes licking and lip-smacking noises while mimicking fellatio::

rcpkpkcqb8rz.jpg

"HI, I'm Thomas DeLonge, and I approved this message ... and fucked your dogs."

#tomdelonge2024

I read all of this in his voice. I would enlist. 

11 minutes ago, Speedo said:

That was a hilarious part in an otherwise boring as fuck interview. Travis is a man of few words and he says them as dull as fucking possible. 

Also - don’t you think Travis can be the most boring fucking guy? I always thought - ‘some people are quiet’ or ‘he’s overshadowed by the loudness of Mark and Tom’ - truth is, I just don’t know if the guy has much of anything insightful or funny to say. He says something dry every now and then,idk. 

I read his book and there was a creeping of insight into the dynamic with Mark and Tom, what made the band tick etc. Most of it was just how much weed he smoked and flings with Paris Hilton, another boring fucker 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Also - don’t you think Travis can be the most boring fucking guy? I always thought - ‘some people are quiet’ or ‘he’s overshadowed by the loudness of Mark and Tom’ - truth is, I just don’t know if the guy has much of anything insightful or funny to say. He says something dry every now and then,idk. 

I read his book and there was a creeping of insight into the dynamic with Mark and Tom, what made the band tick etc. Most of it was just how much weed he smoked and flings with Paris Hilton, another boring fucker 

I don’t agree with your analysis, but I also love smoking weed and chicks, so maybe that’s why I loved the book lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I don't hate Travis, I actually don't feel anything at all for him. I'm not denying his drum skills but drums just aren't something I give much appreciation to musically. It's just not what I listen for so Travis has always been sort of a non-entity to me ... after that interview even more so ... I don't think he's a bad guy, I just find the only thing about him that's interesting to me is his drumming skills and I can listen to music for that, I don't need him to talk and I don't need his personality.

Mark and Tom are different. I find them to be interesting people, much more so Tom than Mark ... I like quirky, flawed people ... the stranger the better. 

As far as Travis' book ... I read a good chunk of it ... enjoyed the parts where it gave some insight to Blink and Mark and Tom but I didn't bother finishing it. I don't really care about his personal life.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Depf said:

olympiahalle 2004, a soaked piece of cardboard ,a teenage brain and stockholm syndrome will always be a cherished memory. tout le flange pour moi s'il vous plait.

the ocd is what sounds like oogatz to me.

weed and chics are there to be done,not talked about.

I actually agree with you...but I’ve always looked up to Travis so I was gonna enjoy his book no matter what lol

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't hate Travis, I actually don't feel anything at all for him. I'm not denying his drum skills but drums just aren't something I give much appreciation to musically. It's just not what I listen for so Travis has always been sort of a non-entity to me ... after that interview even more so ... I don't think he's a bad guy, I just find the only thing about him that's interesting to me is his drumming skills and I can listen to music for that, I don't need him to talk and I don't need his personality.

Mark and Tom are different. I find them to be interesting people, much more so Tom than Mark ... I like quirky, flawed people ... the stranger the better. 

As far as Travis' book ... I read a good chunk of it ... enjoyed the parts where it gave some insight to Blink and Mark and Tom but I didn't bother finishing it. I don't really care about his personal life.

Yeah - I feel the same. It’s more apathy. I don’t hate him either, just have no strong feelings attached to him. He’s serves the function as an amazing musician and propels the band in that sense. Saying that...with his drumming, in blinK compilations I always skip his drum solos. Mind you, that may be more of a thing against drum solos than him haha.

Mark and Tom are two people I would love to have a beer with, or a coffee, or chat over a book or just be like 21 with - hanging out aimlessly. They have a lot to say, they’re quick witted goofballs, they make the mundane entertaining. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Depf said:

olympiahalle 2004, a soaked piece of cardboard ,a teenage brain and stockholm syndrome will always be a cherished memory. tout le flange pour moi s'il vous plait.

the ocd is what sounds like oogatz to me.

weed and chics are there to be done,not talked about.

Olympiahalle ...whateva happened there ? 

Tom with the OCD...he got a note from his doctor, his medication...

that’s what I mean. Like yeah, congrats , a lot of us like the opposite sex and even occasionally shag! Big whoop. Fuck that, I wanna hear about the time you ran into the Goo Goo dolls dressing room naked, or touched the tip of Jerry Finn’s penis. 

I've read a lot of musicians autobiographies the last few years, his was easily the worst. He is really not an interesting, or particularly good person. He's a shit hot drummer but that's really all there is to him. 

I'd love to read a autobiography by literally any of the other 4 blink "members" and I bet all of them, including Scott's, would be less "eeeuurrgghh" inducing than Travis's. 

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, Depf said:

ah come on, how bad can a vegan be?

wanted to check it out.  i always had travis as the sweetheart of the bunch? pre-skiba obviously,  that guy is a genuine fucking champ 

Theres a bit where he let's 30 girls blow him in a row or some nonesense like that. I'm sure loads think that's amazing, just always seemed fucking gross to me. A lot of it was weird stories like that. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Theres a bit where he let's 30 girls blow him in a row or some nonesense like that. I'm sure loads think that's amazing, just always seemed fucking gross to me. A lot of it was weird stories like that. 

To be fair, Travis’s header in the book said a lot of it made him cringe, or his skin crawl or whatever 

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

To be fair, Travis’s header in the book said a lot of it made him cringe, or his skin crawl or whatever 

Yeah but the way he tells the stories... He doesn't seem that bothered. 

I would fucking LOVE...I mean love a history from Mark. He can write...he’s pretty much Blink’s own historian. By now, enough water under the bridge had passed where passages about Tom will be positive and more appreciative than anything.

Why hasn’t he done this ? He’s the exact kind of dork that would write a book.

One thing I liked about Travis’s is where other people in his life commented on the same scenario he was talking about, to get another persons perspective. That’s where the insightful shit was, passages from Mark, Tom and his ex wife.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Depf said:

if you're not exaggerating then i need to read this asap. because not even the ungodliest amount of pervitin would give you that much stamina.

its not human to last more than 75 seconds. 

is this where toms fascination with extra terrestial life stems from?

i mean think about it. 

drums like a robot, is a bit disgusting/ugly etc?

Apparently you’ve never done drugs. Even if I’m just on adderal, it’s hard to cum. But it feels so good. I could do it. And how do you know he didn’t go round after round? Just because you couldn’t do it doesn’t mean other people couldn’t. Everyone’s different

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Depf said:

ah come on, how bad can a vegan be?

wanted to check it out.  i always had travis as the sweetheart of the bunch? pre-skiba obviously,  that guy is a genuine fucking champ 

I don't think Travis is a sweetheart at all lol.  He's a great drummer but just because he's soft spoken doesn't change he's kind of an asswipe, if not more than Mark & Tom. He has like no input or care about anything, what even seems to be with blink as well, and then he bitches about Enema and then bringing all his friends in all the time (Yelawolf, Feldmann).  He clearly is a big part of blink, but Mark was probably right with his stinginess that he should have never had any creative control. He doesn't have the same soul as Tom & Mark.  Say what you want but the BCR thing was kinda douchey and careless as well.  He also soaks in that fame a bit more than others. 

What'd you say @daveyjones

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah but the way he tells the stories... He doesn't seem that bothered. 

You are right. I just enjoyed the book from the stand point of him working his way up from his different bands...from feeble to aquabats to joining blink at the right time to create the perfect storm. That destiny shit lol

3 minutes ago, Depf said:

if you're not exaggerating then i need to read this asap. because not even the ungodliest amount of pervitin would give you that much stamina.

i mean think about it. 

I'm not exaggerating. He may have been. 

Just now, Gaslit Jan said:

I don't think Travis is a sweetheart at all lol.  He's a great drummer but just because he's soft spoken doesn't change he's kind of an asswipe, if not more than Mark & Tom. He has like no input or care about anything, what even seems to be with blink as well, and then he bitches about Enema and then bringing all his friends in all the time (Yelawolf, Feldmann).  He clearly is a big part of blink, but Mark was probably right with his stinginess that he should have never had any creative control. He doesn't have the same soul as Tom & Mark.  Say what you want but the BCR thing was kinda douchey and careless as well.  He also soaks in that fame a bit more than others. 

What'd you say @daveyjones

When did he ever Bitch about enema?

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

i mean think about it. 

Um, wut?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

When did he ever Bitch about enema?

Several interviews, he bitches about how he doesn't like his drumming on Enema because he didn't have as much input as the other albums or wanted more money.

Granted he may have a point, that album is what made him.

4 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Several interviews, he bitches about how he doesn't like his drumming on Enema because he didn't have as much input as the other albums or wanted more money.

Granted he may have a point, that album is what made him.

Na you’re taking his words way out of context 

• Like 1