The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

He's said it like multiple times, it's not his favorite because he didn't feel as valued on that album (amongst other things)

Find the quote then pal. If he’s said it multiple times you should be able to find it with ease. Like I previously stated, you’re grossly taking his words out of context 

1 minute ago, Depf said:

wait, what?

mark didn't want travis to have creative control? why wouldnt he want travismania running wild, brother?

and what's this i read about travis being partly resposible for the breakup? guns? gangstuff?

and what drugs are we talking here? when i shmeoke i last long and do need a bit of extra kink. on anything speedy you can't come at all, on coke your dick is on vacation and all you can do is suck toes.

can't be the molly hippie shit either.  that would simply make him hug and appreciate everyone. 

what powder are we talking about and where can it be ordered?

Lol I don’t know man we all respond to things differently. The book doesn’t state how hard Travis was or if he came 

43 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

What'd you say @daveyjones

there are a number of things here to unpack.

1.) this is the tom thread.

2.) i am a raynor era fan, so any thoughts i have on travis are not first-hand, leading to...

3.) what i know do know of him is from his book. and going by that i think he's a lovely—and very honest, self-aware—human being.

did i miss anything?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

there are a number of things here to unpack.

1.) this is the tom thread.

2.) i am a raynor era fan, so any thoughts i have on travis are not first-hand, leading to...

3.) what i know do know of him is from his book. and going by that i think he's a lovely—and very honest, self-aware—human being.

did i miss anything?

You were supposed to back me up.

Can you hit edit?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gaslit Jan said:

He's said it like multiple times, it's not his favorite because he didn't feel as valued on that album (amongst other things)

His issue was that he wasn't paid the same as Mark and Tom, or credited for songwriting on both Enema and TOYPAJ. I have never read him putting down those records, just that he wasn't paid properly or credited sufficiently for them. 

• Like 2

Haha - I’m intrigued that ‘lovely’ or ‘sweetheart’ is being used to describe him, especially from his book.

‘ at my bachelor party my dick was passed around like Turkey on thanksgiving’ 

awwww, little cutie 🥰 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Depf said:

writing melodies and lyrics > arranging the ba-dum-tss and getting tattoos

had a quick glance ova his book. 

I can't believe i stuck up for this guy. How much more betrayal can i take?

I feel like i've been stabbed in the heart! @_Bagel

I’m sorry if I yelled...

This fuckin’ prostate canca 

• Sad 1

On 2/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, Gaslit Jan said:

I think it was also because he felt he had to play more conservatively as the new guy, joining the band right before their first album together. He was put into a box to an extent, which seems fine/normal given the circumstances. 

47 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember when Tom got kicked out of blink and then he tweeted that he and Mark had actually been talking about kicking out Travis? Then no mention of that ever again. Lol 

Considering the shit show Travis pulled while the other guys were in Australia you can’t blame them. 

• Crab 1

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember when Tom got kicked out of blink and then he tweeted that he and Mark had actually been talking about kicking out Travis? Then no mention of that ever again. Lol 

i think mark and travis addressed that. i believe mark said tom wanted to kick travis out over the australia drama and replace him with brooks. but mark called travis right away and explained that tom was just upset and he's only going along with it to appease him while they were stuck together on tour. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

[For the 2013] Australian tour in January, Travis obviously didn’t go on that tour because he didn’t feel comfortable flying, which was a possibility that we had known about from day one. When we agreed to do the tour of Australia Travis said, “I will do everything in my power to get back on an airplane, but if it gets to the day and I’m not ready to go, we need a back-up plan.” As it [came] closer to the time, Travis called me and Tom and said, “I’m not ready yet, I don’t think I’m going to be able to make the flight. We should go with a back-up drummer.” With Travis’ blessing we enlisted Brooks Wackerman and completed the tour.

However, during the course of the tour, Travis and the promoter got into a Twitter argument back and forth that was very contentious and was a lot of stress. Tom was upset, I was upset because it was happening while we were on this tour, and the tour was going very well. Everything should’ve been cool. The promoter thought that Travis had never intended to come to Australia and felt that he had been duped. Of course, that wasn’t the case.

After the tour, Tom was very upset about being put in that situation on tour, where people were threatening to sue, the promoter was angry and everything else. But he was really just blowing off steam. We got back from tour and Tom was having these calls where he was talking about “can we replace Travis, can we do whatever,” but it was really just Tom blowing off steam. There were a few days of calls where I listened to Tom, commiserated with Tom and, immediately afterwards, called up my manager and [said], “Tom’s upset right now, he’s talking about trying to replace Travis, but I’m not into it. That’s not going to happen.” And sure enough, Tom, after a month, called back up and was like, “Hey you know what? I was just angry about it. It was a bad situation, and of course I don’t want to kick Travis out of the band.” I don’t think Tom was ever truly serious about it. Even at the time, I felt he was just angry and he just needed to vent.

https://www.altpress.com/features/tom_doesnt_want_to_be_in_blink_182-_its_obvious-exclusive_interview_with_ma/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

[For the 2013] Australian tour in January, Travis obviously didn’t go on that tour because he didn’t feel comfortable flying, which was a possibility that we had known about from day one. When we agreed to do the tour of Australia Travis said, “I will do everything in my power to get back on an airplane, but if it gets to the day and I’m not ready to go, we need a back-up plan.” As it [came] closer to the time, Travis called me and Tom and said, “I’m not ready yet, I don’t think I’m going to be able to make the flight. We should go with a back-up drummer.” With Travis’ blessing we enlisted Brooks Wackerman and completed the tour.

However, during the course of the tour, Travis and the promoter got into a Twitter argument back and forth that was very contentious and was a lot of stress. Tom was upset, I was upset because it was happening while we were on this tour, and the tour was going very well. Everything should’ve been cool. The promoter thought that Travis had never intended to come to Australia and felt that he had been duped. Of course, that wasn’t the case.

After the tour, Tom was very upset about being put in that situation on tour, where people were threatening to sue, the promoter was angry and everything else. But he was really just blowing off steam. We got back from tour and Tom was having these calls where he was talking about “can we replace Travis, can we do whatever,” but it was really just Tom blowing off steam. There were a few days of calls where I listened to Tom, commiserated with Tom and, immediately afterwards, called up my manager and [said], “Tom’s upset right now, he’s talking about trying to replace Travis, but I’m not into it. That’s not going to happen.” And sure enough, Tom, after a month, called back up and was like, “Hey you know what? I was just angry about it. It was a bad situation, and of course I don’t want to kick Travis out of the band.” I don’t think Tom was ever truly serious about it. Even at the time, I felt he was just angry and he just needed to vent.

https://www.altpress.com/features/tom_doesnt_want_to_be_in_blink_182-_its_obvious-exclusive_interview_with_ma/

Oh cool, I don't remember this. I just thought it was a random one-off mention from Tom haha. This does makes sense though, I do remember that Travis Twitter drama.

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Oh cool, I don't remember this. I just thought it was a random one-off mention from Tom haha. This does makes sense though, I do remember that Travis Twitter drama.

Wasn't the twitter drama that Travis demanded to be paid a million dollars still? Something crazy... And the promoter was saying Travis was holding them at ransom or something. 

Funny how our memories probably dramatise what really happened.