The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, Kaksteist Kuud said:

It IS gross, it's weird he's still around. Especially since it HAS been reported and the most that was done was banning one of his accounts from the rest of the board.

He is banned from every section besides this one for his past offenses of creepiness. I asked about him a few weeks ago and multiple people reported back that he hasn’t crossed any lines in a long time.

If that changes, report the post and it will be handled.

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

He is banned from every section besides this one for his past offenses of creepiness. I asked about him a few weeks ago and multiple people reported back that he hasn’t crossed any lines in a long time.

If that changes, report the post and it will be handled.

I'm for banning him (Feeling_this), but as with CC, sometimes it's just a barrier, language, culturally, or just whatever.

Speedumb knows what he's doing, and his diddler jokes are anything but funny and nearly equally as creepy and cringey.  He knows it, but doesn't want to admit he's just that dated/stubborn with this joke.  Cut the shit dude, it's uncomfortable af to read.

Let's clean these boards of that nonsense and just go back to calling eachother all cunts and morons again.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

3 hours ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Speedumb knows what he's doing, and his diddler jokes are anything but funny and nearly equally as creepy and cringey.  He knows it, but doesn't want to admit he's just that dated/stubborn with this joke.  Cut the shit dude, it's uncomfortable af to read.

I'm a man of conviction, Jan! This is my plight and I will see it to the end. I'm doing this for you, one day you may have kids and you'll want to share your little bundles of joy with this board ... because, like it or not, it's a community, some would even call it a family and you're part of it. You should be able to share the special moments in your life with your family without fear of what that weird uncle Feeling_This_1 is thinking. I'm sorry it's dated and worn out it's welcome but I am not sorry for being stubborn. I will continue to call him out any chance I get, not as a joke but as a service to this community. It is my privilege and my burden to make this sacrifice for you. They can say whatever they want about me, Jan but every member here deserves a safe and secure community to reside in ... without it, this place is nothing. Ghent can feign ignorance all he wants but I will gladly take up the mantle. You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

P.S. Speedumb, doesn't work ... it should be Spee-d'oh.

• Haha 2
  • Crab 1

29 minutes ago, Kaksteist Kuud said:

I'm a man of conviction, Jan! This is my plight and I will see it to the end. I'm doing this for you, one day you may have kids and you'll want to share your little bundles of joy with this board ... because, like it or not, it's a community, some would even call it a family and you're part of it. You should be able to share the special moments in your life with your family without fear of what that weird uncle Feeling_This_1 is thinking. I'm sorry it's dated and worn out it's welcome but I am not sorry for being stubborn. I will continue to call him out any chance I get, not as a joke but as a service to this community. It is my privilege and my burden to make this sacrifice for you. They can say whatever they want about me, Jan but every member here deserves a safe and secure community to reside in ... without it, this place is nothing. Ghent can feign ignorance all he wants but I will gladly take up the mantle. You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Why the fuck would I show this place to my family/future kids, I would be so damn ashamed of myself.

Speed-d'oh is actually pretty good, good job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Why the fuck would I show this place to my family/future kids, I would be so damn ashamed of myself.

Speed-d'oh is actually pretty good, good job.

Jan, I just say this stupid shit, don't look to me for the logic in it.

Also, thanks!! You're welcome to use it.

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember the guy who joined and said he was personal friends with Tom and his family, and guaranteed that Tom and Jen weren’t splitting up? It was pretty soon after that that it was officially confirmed that they were. I wonder how that guy’s doing lol

I hear the counseling has really helped and he's doing better.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember the guy who joined and said he was personal friends with Tom and his family, and guaranteed that Tom and Jen weren’t splitting up? It was pretty soon after that that it was officially confirmed that they were. I wonder how that guy’s doing lol

That 'guy' was Chris Cote bro...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

haha, for some reason it weirdly wouldn't surprise me if it had turned out to be him.

Well...a close friend, thought all was fine with their marriage, radio silence after finding out. The clues are there!! Have there been rumours of anyone close to the band roaming the boards back in the day? Mark deffo checks the blink subreddit

Just now, _Bagel said:

Well...a close friend, thought all was fine with their marriage, radio silence after finding out. The clues are there!! Have there been rumours of anyone close to the band roaming the boards back in the day? Mark deffo checks the blink subreddit

I remember a few years back when we couldn't stop making Oasis jokes on the boards for some reason, and then Mark made a few random Oasis tweets. Could have been a coincidence but it was funny.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kaksteist Kuud said:

I'm in an awkward boat with it. 

I agree with all of this sentiment and think he should also be banned, but the constant mentions of it without the background knowledge would probably scare off a lot of newbies which isn't what we want. 

• Crab 1

Just now, Kay said:

I'm in an awkward boat with it. 

I agree with all of this sentiment and think he should also be banned, but the constant mentions of it without the background knowledge would probably scare off a lot of newbies which isn't what we want. 

Yeah, well, so do jokes about pickles, Kay. You gotta draw your lines somewhere.