The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

21 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

It's not overrated you bitch.

I will say I listen to Neighborhoods more but that's nothing to do with where I'd rank Untitled.

I don't think there's ever been an album I've listened to more on my walkman. It was perfection because you could just skip the last track and start over.

I will say songs like I Miss You get overrated now (still a great song) but ones like Asthenia, Easy Target, Stockholm get mad undervalued. They're masterful.

Oh, it's definitely overrated and gets a lot of the praise because it was a huge divergence from what they previously released. I'm not saying it was shit ... just that it'd be a mediocre release from any other band at the time. There wasn't anything really ground breaking about it like what was seen with Enema or even Greenday's Dookie and American Idiot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I went through and some of the matchups are unlucky.  For example I am so sick of Down, but it being matched up with GD is tough. 

I felt the same way on that one, but given the length just couldn't give GD the W. Feeling This was lucky to go up against First Time, that is the only Untitled song that would win that matchup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spee-doh said:

Oh, it's definitely overrated and gets a lot of the praise because it was a huge divergence from what they previously released. I'm not saying it was shit ... just that it'd be a mediocre release from any other band at the time. There wasn't anything really ground breaking about it like what was seen with Enema or even Greenday's Dookie and American Idiot.

American Idiot >>>>Untitled and it’s not even close. 

• Wow 2
  • Crab 2

7 minutes ago, Spee-doh said:

That's so untrue my jaded old dude, the divergence is what got it so talked about sure, but they were already massive and going to get talked about regardless.

Feeling This?  How can you say that wasn't ground breaking for blink at the time?  It was like a leadup of all their previous work and into a new heavier phase.  The production is perfect.

Always? Here's Your Letter? Stockholm Syndrome? Asthenia? Violence? This is some of their best work, and a step above any of the competition in the emo-heavy pop punk category.

Fuck your American Idiot, THAT was overrated as hell because it was a political piece from Green Day with glossy production and the beginning of the end for them (I guess Untitled was for Blink too..).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

That's so untrue my jaded old dude, the divergence is what got it so talked about sure, but they were already massive and going to get talked about regardless.

Feeling This?  How can you say that wasn't ground breaking for blink at the time?  It was like a leadup of all their previous work and into a new heavier phase.  The production is perfect.

Always? Here's Your Letter? Stockholm Syndrome? Asthenia? Violence? This is some of their best work, and a step above any of the competition in the emo-heavy pop punk category.

Fuck your American Idiot, THAT was overrated as hell because it was a political piece from Green Day with glossy production and the beginning of the end for them (I guess Untitled was for Blink too..).

Feeling This was just taking advantage of layering.

A.I. was a concept album and to that end it served itself well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Except Green Day could go sell out stadiums still, and still have their classic lineup in place. Seems you’re just a hater because someone is better than your beloved blink. I love blink a hell of a lot more than GD, but get your head out of your ass. GD is far more talented, and AI is filled with way better songs, and better production. It’s also heavier, since you wanna play the “heavy” card for untitled lolz. What a joke 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

American Idiot >>>>Untitled and it’s not even close. 

What time is it over where you're at? It sounds like it's time to possibly get to bed.

American Idiot is pure sellout cheese, I love that album, I love the sell out cheese, but at least Blink kept it unique and outside of the norm, AI for Green Day is just like Dani California for RHCP, Beverly Hills for Weezer.. It's not that they're bad, but it's a distinct move they all make to leave their raw goodness/purity behind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

What time is it over where you're at? It sounds like it's time to possibly get to bed.

American Idiot is pure sellout cheese, I love that album, I love the sell out cheese, but at least Blink kept it unique and outside of the norm, AI for Green Day is just like Dani California for RHCP, Beverly Hills for Weezer.. It's not that they're bad, but it's a distinct move they all make to leave their raw goodness/purity behind.

It’s 1:20 pm right now. I enjoy the laughs you provide to get me through the work day. 

2 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Except Green Day could go sell out stadiums still, and still have their classic lineup in place. Seems you’re just a hater because someone is better than your beloved blink. I love blink a hell of a lot more than GD, but get your head out of your ass. GD is far more talented, and AI is filled with way better songs, and better production. It’s also heavier, since you wanna play the “heavy” card for untitled lolz. What a joke 

What are you even talking about? Stop projecting.

I love Green Day about as much as I do Blink, saying they're "more talented" is a bit lame though, they're both great songwriters in their own rights, and both revolutionized the genre.  I would never say Green Day is more talented, but they wrote more popularized songs.. That doesn't equate to "talent".  Not that I care to go down this path of argument either.

I wasn't using "heavy" as an equivalent to "being good" so I really don't know what you're getting at.

Also this is all objective (subjective? objective? help me out @Patient #48273) well whatever the hell, I loved American Idiot and has some of my favorite songs on there (She's a Rebel, Give me Novacaine, Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday, Letterbomb).  I still wouldn't be crowning it as much as people do or putting down Untitled because of it.  I'd much rather give Untitled unlimited spins than AI.  I'd much rather give both's older albums a playlist to spin than either.

American Idiot is easily one of the most overrated pieces of shit. Seriously, people bumming that album is so eye roll inducing.

I've never had Untitled as my 'favourite' blink album, I always hold Dude Ranch and TOYPAJ above it, but Untitled is an important album and a fucking good album and Nine and California don't come remotely close to it. or any other blink album. They just fucking don't. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

American Idiot is easily one of the most overrated pieces of shit. Seriously, people bumming that album is so eye roll inducing.

I've never had Untitled as my 'favourite' blink album, I always hold Dude Ranch and TOYPAJ above it, but Untitled is an important album and a fucking good album and Nine and California don't come remotely close to it. or any other blink album. They just fucking don't. 

That’s just your opinion. I remember hating on AI because it did so well commercially as well, but then I realized it’s just purely better than Untitled, by a long shot. Blink didn’t do anything new or outstanding, it was just new for them. Big whoopity do!

• Crab 2