The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

15 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

That can't be healthy to be listening to Jesus of Suburbia once a week.

I mean I very much like the song, but you could easily just combine 3 of blinks songs, say Down, Always, Asthenia, or literally like they did with Easy Target/All Of This and throw a transition in there to make a Jesus of Untitled and it'd be the same thing. 

i'm not too sure about that, the 5 parts to Jesus of Suburbia were written to succeed with each other in mind and GD developed them by rehearsing from 30-second ideas they had or something like that. all the parts sound like they could be individual songs if taken further, but as it stands they need each other to form a whole. 

if you parsed down elements of Always and Asthenia from their current states, they could be turned into something similar (i wouldn't include Down personally bc i find that song a real drag, haha).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nasa said:

i'm not too sure about that, the 5 parts to Jesus of Suburbia were written to succeed with each other in mind and GD developed them by rehearsing from 30-second ideas they had or something like that. all the parts sound like they could be individual songs if taken further, but as it stands they need each other to form a whole. 

if you parsed down elements of Always and Asthenia from their current states, they could be turned into something similar (i wouldn't include Down personally bc i find that song a real drag, haha).

Jan was reaching hard with that one lol

20 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Me too.

but to keep things fresh...to all the Scott elitists...Travis made it better ;) 

Omg, Tom was so spot-on too back then (guitar and vocals).  
"I needed you most, when I needed a friend

You let me down now like I let you down then"

Top 20 Blink song

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nasa said:

See, that's what they want you to think.

Pretentious Day

• Crab 1

3 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I think Tom is more pretentious than anyone in Green Day 

Again, I'm not really arguing that, I'm saying the Jesus of Suburbia hype was generally always about its length of a pop punk song.

I'm very sure Mark, Tom, Travis, Tre Cool are all more pretentious than Billie Joel and Mike Dirnt.

1 minute ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Again, I'm not really arguing that, I'm saying the Jesus of Suburbia hype was generally always about its length of a pop punk song.

I'm very sure Mark, Tom, Travis, Tre Cool are all more pretentious than Billie Joel and Mike Dirnt.

I wouldn’t really call those pop punk songs though. More so just rock n roll...something blink could never pull off

2 minutes ago, Spee-doh said:

No way ... maybe more than Dirnt but not Billie Joe and certainly not Tre.

You’re probably right. Billie Joe is just low key pretentious, but let’s be honest he has earned the right to be. Tom is pretentious but knows enough to understand he isn’t ahead of Billie Joe in the rock world, despite what some of his fans may post on this website.  

4 minutes ago, Spee-doh said:

No way ... maybe more than Dirnt but not Billie Joe and certainly not Tre.

Tom is just misunderstood.  His "pretentiousness" is just him fucking around or whatever his beef is with going back to blink.  Anyone who takes his "bigger than Jesus" lines seriously doesn't understand his humor or spirit behind it.

Billie Joe is the Bob Dylan songbird of our generation though so chill out.

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I wouldn’t really call those pop punk songs though. More so just rock n roll...something blink could never pull off

Take your semantics and log outta here with that, you keep creating new arguments I'm not even really arguing everytime lol

LOG OFF DIDDY, LOG OFF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

You’re probably right. Billie Joe is just low key pretentious, but let’s be honest he has earned the right to be. Tom is pretentious but knows enough to understand he isn’t ahead of Billie Joe in the rock world, despite what some of his fans may post on this website.  

This is almost worse than speculating on Tom's mental illnesses lol, let's dial it back.

10 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

The absolutely last thing I would ever want is for blink to write something as cringe as a rock opera....so.....I guess I'm glad they couldn't pull it off?

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The absolutely last thing I would ever want is for blink to write something as cringe as a rock opera....so.....I guess I'm glad they couldn't pull it off?

I mean where is the “opera” part really at? I’m just saying blink could never do a real rock n roll album. They rely too heavily on auto tune and layers of guitars and other instruments they don’t play to fill everything out. Call me old school, but that’s my gripe with them. 

9 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I mean where is the “opera” part really at? I’m just saying blink could never do a real rock n roll album. They rely too heavily on auto tune and layers of guitars and other instruments they don’t play to fill everything out. Call me old school, but that’s my gripe with them. 

Who the fuck wants that though??

Are you actually a blink fan even??

Killing us Diddy.