The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

22 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

@wannabe corn dogi told ya. 10 songs. Lmao

my guess was that the three songs already released probably wouldn't be on the album. and if they are, it'll likely be a longer record.

those three songs are already mixed and mastered. he saying he's sending ten songs out to be mixed. it's possible that those three songs could be a part of that batch and are getting an "album mix" but i doubt it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

my guess was that the three songs already released probably wouldn't be on the album. and if they are, it'll likely be a longer record.

those three songs are already mixed and mastered. he saying he's sending ten songs out to be mixed. it's possible that those three songs could be a part of that batch and are getting an "album mix" but i doubt it. 

Songs that are released a year before the album is done are usually remixed for the album so that the mixing is similar in style but we’ll see. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

29 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

True I remembered wrong thought you said 14 not including those.

I still reckon those three are included in the 10 but time will tell. Tom did say he was reworking those old songs at some point. Recording new vocals or something.

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I still reckon those three are included in the 10 but time will tell. Tom did say he was reworking those old songs at some point. Recording new vocals or something.

He should just find someone else to do vocals period 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

all three songs were singles with music videos and vinyl releases. i can't imagine him deciding to re-record vocals or remix them when they are already out in the world in every format. i could see him doing that for the songs we haven't heard yet. 

i could be wrong about all of this but i really do think there will be 10 new songs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

This is interesting, isn’t it usually Aaron that do the mixing? Is TLA back in the AVA game maybe?

I’d say that’s more just Aaron be sarcastic. He probably sent them in and is just giving Tom shit for saying that he sent them in.

57 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

all three songs were singles with music videos and vinyl releases. i can't imagine him deciding to re-record vocals or remix them when they are already out in the world in every format. i could see him doing that for the songs we haven't heard yet. 

i could be wrong about all of this but i really do think there will be 10 new songs.

That’s true I did forget about the music videos. Although selling a “deluxe” version of the record that contains the three original recordings as bonus tracks at the end is something I could see happening. TTS is struggling so selling a standard and deluxe version of the album to boost sales is something that could definitely happen.

Obviously I’m taking the super pessimistic view here, I’m still hurt about being teased a full WDNTW acoustic album and then only getting an ep, especially since he showed snippets from songs we never ended up hearing. I too would really like 10 brand new songs.

8 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

This is interesting, isn’t it usually Aaron that do the mixing? Is TLA back in the AVA game maybe?

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’d say that’s more just Aaron be sarcastic. He probably sent them in and is just giving Tom shit for saying that he sent them in.

I'm too lazy to go find this, but I'm pretty sure someone else did the official mixing/mastering on Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell and they might have mentioned Tom Lord-Alge (how do you pronounce his name? I always says algae in my head lolol). I recall something about them wanting the sound to be a bit more modern/professional than what they've done in the past, which tracks considering they're on a label

6 minutes ago, ye. said:

I'm too lazy to go find this, but I'm pretty sure someone else did the official mixing/mastering on Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell and they might have mentioned Tom Lord-Alge (how do you pronounce his name? I always says algae in my head lolol). I recall something about them wanting the sound to be a bit more modern/professional than what they've done in the past, which tracks considering they're on a label

Tony Hoffer did the mixing and Tom Baker did mastering on Kiss and Tell and Rebel Girl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ye. said:

It’s Tom Lord “All-gee”. 

2 hours ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

Tony Hoffer did the mixing and Tom Baker did mastering on Kiss and Tell and Rebel Girl.

Oh shit, thank you. I’m not super into the mix on rebel girl as I find it quite sterile and a bit lifeless if you will

• Like 1