The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I still don't see any reason for bands to put anything out right now until shows are back in some capacity. (Unless it's a DLX/Live/Demos type of thing) I think this will drag into Fall at the earliest because of this.

Bands make their money from merch so it makes perfect sense to put something out to drum up interest in the band and steer fans toward their online shops. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I still don't see any reason for bands to put anything out right now until shows are back in some capacity. (Unless it's a DLX/Live/Demos type of thing) I think this will drag into Fall at the earliest because of this.

I don’t see live shows coming back anytime soon. If you have material why not release it? 

blink was supposed to play at Lansing Common Ground last year which was obviously canceled. They recommitted to doing it this year (in July), I still see no possible way it happens. I fucking hate this shit man 

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Tom gave himself some wiggle room to delay this. Those other 5 songs might not be sent in for months. The bots will have excuses ready, claiming the artwork or some basic engineering task will take all summer. 

Well, A day to remember delayed their album for almost a year because they didn't they had the "right" album art.. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah there is no way festivals are happening this summer, I'm hopeful that smaller shows may be possible by the end of the year in some capacity but who knows. Just seems like AVA has worked towards a nice comeback, would be a shame to finally release a new album with nothing but bundles.

This. The smartest thing would be maybe one more single, and then wait until they can tour again before the album gets released. 

3 hours ago, Brad Religion said:

Bands make their money from merch so it makes perfect sense to put something out to drum up interest in the band and steer fans toward their online shops. 

This 100%, the reason to tour is mostly to push merch because they make way more money from it. The profit margins on ticket sales are probably laughably bad. 

49 minutes ago, Kay said:

This 100%, the reason to tour is mostly to push merch because they make way more money from it. The profit margins on ticket sales are probably laughably bad. 

It's almost like I know what I'm talking about, haha

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

You should see if Tom needs a new manager 

Someone made a fake Tom account here and I fell for it for a while, told him I would be his assistant to help get him back on track to being cool again. Once I realized it was a sock account I had some fun with it but there was a good solid hour that I thought I was talking to Tom. At one point I even sent my resume to the TTSA email and got a response back. I'm as gullible as the worst of them sometimes. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brad Religion said:

Someone made a fake Tom account here and I fell for it for a while, told him I would be his assistant to help get him back on track to being cool again. Once I realized it was a sock account I had some fun with it but there was a good solid hour that I thought I was talking to Tom. At one point I even sent my resume to the TTSA email and got a response back. I'm as gullible as the worst of them sometimes. 

Lol who was behind that account?

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Lol well played Ghent. You fell for it when that guy made up the Mark Hoppus interview as well, didn’t you?

I wasn't here for that, I probably would have though. I'm weird with shit ... I'm super cynical and critical in person but online I fall for the dumbest shit.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 10:06 PM, Russel Coight said:

I’m still hurt about being teased a full WDNTW acoustic album and then only getting an ep, especially since he showed snippets from songs we never ended up hearing.

Fuck this just ruined my day, I wanted the rest of that album so bad haha. I had forgotten about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

Fuck this just ruined my day, I wanted the rest of that album so bad haha. I had forgotten about it.

I wasn't even surprised when i saw only 4 songs lol, i was surprised he didnt release the rest tho, i thought he was going to cream his fans with 3 eps..

19 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I kind of agree with this. For whatever reasons, people aren't really into new music in the usual ways right now. So many albums that came out last year got attention for about 30 seconds and then went in one ear and out the other. When you release an album into the Covid abyss it just exists when it's released, but then doesn't have a life beyond that because bands can't tour to spread the word and there can't really be a normal promotional cycle.

Maybe with someone as famous as Tom it wouldn't really matter one way or the other, but it's a really strange landscape out there for musicians right now.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I kind of agree with this. For whatever reasons, people aren't really into new music in the usual ways right now. So many albums that came out last year got attention for about 30 seconds and then went in one ear and out the other. When you release an album into the Covid abyss it just exists when it's released, but then doesn't have a life beyond that because bands can't tour to spread the word and there can't really be a normal promotional cycle.

Maybe with someone as famous as Tom it wouldn't really matter one way or the other, but it's a really strange landscape out there for musicians right now.

It’s not just that, tik tok is ruining music

• Like 1