The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

4 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i know his side job is essentially buying multi million dollar houses only to remodel and flip them but i'm surprised he'd get rid of that. pretty sure he kept saying how of relative of his was the architect 

I know, and I was wondering about that, because the architect they mention isnt Tom’s grandfather, “Jack”. He may have meant that his grandfather physically built the place but he had an architect design or help design it. 

but I’m also surprised he’d get rid of it. Maybe it has like, weird/bad memories? Or he wants the money. He’s selling it with all the furniture in it. 🤔

2 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

he's done this several times. he'd buy and remodel an expensive house and then i think his ex wife would furnish it. millionaires tend to buy designer-furnished homes, especially if they are in the market for "second homes." 

Yeah... Just didn’t expect he’d sell this particular place, you know? It just seemed like he enjoyed going to the mountains. Maybe he’s gotten another place in the area...

43 minutes ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Yeah... Just didn’t expect he’d sell this particular place, you know? It just seemed like he enjoyed going to the mountains. Maybe he’s gotten another place in the area...

Or maybe he just needs the money? Based on how TTS has gone, that seems plausible.

Tons been building a new house with Marie for over a year. He posted about it on Instagram last summer. I assume it’s done and now no longer needs this place. I think this is the only property he still owned after the divorce

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

Found it. Yea been renting in San Diego, idyllwild was his only property.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDzUmpbJBmb/?igshid=1hfjet0y3coa7

Dude will never be broke, maybe his businesses will fail but he’s never not going to be a multimillionaire living in 3 million dollar houses.

What is this based on?

you should check out that documentary on all the insanely wealthy NBA/NFL players that end up going bankrupt. It’s not exactly unheard of, but I have no idea how Tom manages his finances.

7 hours ago, NotNow said:

Found it. Yea been renting in San Diego, idyllwild was his only property.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDzUmpbJBmb/?igshid=1hfjet0y3coa7

Dude will never be broke, maybe his businesses will fail but he’s never not going to be a multimillionaire living in 3 million dollar houses.

Lol, yeah that's not how it works

1 hour ago, Tom Bot said:

What is this based on?

you should check out that documentary on all the insanely wealthy NBA/NFL players that end up going bankrupt. It’s not exactly unheard of, but I have no idea how Tom manages his finances.

Those are really different scenarios. Most of those people have very limited years of income, less than 5, and go from making millions to 0. They’re spending it in that time and don’t learn financial management in their 20s. Tom was making millions for over twenty years to accrue wealth slowly. It’s pretty rare to lose it in those situations. Sure it’s possible, but it’s really not common. If he’s building new multimillion dollar houses at almost 50, he’s still very much set for life.

• Like 3