The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

37 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The fact that Rubano said it’s coming soon gives me hope, he pretty much never posts about AVA. 

If things keep going the way they're going with Covid touring could start picking up again by late Summer. So releasing it soon would for sure be ideal. We know at this point it's done aside from mixing. 

On 3/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, Tom Bot said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as you’re making it out to be. A lot of athletes have careers that last 10-25 years, similar to Tom’s relevancy. Athletes also have alternative revenue streams like endorsements. They both grew up without the need to learn financial responsibilities. There’s probably more similarities than differences here.

Yea and the athletes that have 10-25 year careers do not end up broke. Those are the ones that come out filthy rich and skew the average wealth of professional athletes.

• Like 1

Anyone can go “broke,” it doesn’t matter how rich you are. I don’t think Tom is broke, but he’s clearly had financial issues over the last 10 years. Do you really think the TTS investing thing was started in good faith? C’mon, that was criminal. 

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

Anyone can go “broke,” it doesn’t matter how rich you are. I don’t think Tom is broke, but he’s clearly had financial issues over the last 10 years. Do you really think the TTS investing thing was started in good faith? C’mon, that was criminal. 

You don't have to be in financial trouble to scam people though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NotNow said:

Yea and the athletes that have 10-25 year careers do not end up broke. Those are the ones that come out filthy rich and skew the average wealth of professional athletes.

Allen Iverson went bankrupt.

Evander Kane in the NHL owes more money than he’s making.

6 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

Allen Iverson went bankrupt.

Evander Kane in the NHL owes more money than he’s making.

Mike Tyson declared bankruptcy at one point. That’s a guy who was worth as much as Tiger Woods 

Curt Schilling lost all his money on dumb investments and then started scamming people

These are people way richer than Tom. It happens all the time. 

18 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Mike Tyson declared bankruptcy at one point. That’s a guy who was worth as much as Tiger Woods 

Curt Schilling lost all his money on dumb investments and then started scamming people

These are people way richer than Tom. It happens all the time. 

Yeah, some here forgets that it’s mainly not any different for rich people than it is for us as they change their living standard (is this the correct term?) after what they make. 

In Toms case his living standard* shouldn’t be the same as it was when he did blink as the money from touring disappeared. And that’s probably why he sold the rights to his songs. I mean probably not because he was going bankrupt, but more so that he could keep the living standard* to what he was used to

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, Ghent said:

Lol exactly. Broke Tom is obviously going to have more money and assets than any of us dildos could dream of. He’s not going to go broke and live on the streets. But is he doing great for a former member of blink-182? Objectively (and put in financial perspective) it doesn’t look good, and hasn’t for a very long time.

He has ended up selling off or folding almost every single venture he has been a part of over the last 10+ years.

Anyone who read the TTS SEC financial fine print that was released a couple years ago could see some serious red flags. He’s lucky a giant class action lawsuit wasn’t opened for the fake TTS Academy investing bullshit. That was what I expected, but it came and went so quickly I guess everyone just forgot about it?

Did anyone here “invest” in that? If so, bless your heart

I didn’t by the way, lol, but I agree.
He’s obviously more broke than he theoretically could have been. But he’s still loaded beyond belief when compared to a “regular” person. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

I didn’t by the way, lol, but I agree.
He’s obviously more broke than he theoretically could have been. But he’s still loaded beyond belief when compared to a “regular” person. 

Yeah, it’s on a completely different scale. A rich athlete or musician can declare bankruptcy and will still be loaded in comparison to an average working class person.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, Ghent said:

Yea I said I agree with that three posts before this.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

You literally said athletes with long careers don't go broke. Curt Schilling played for 20 years. Broke

I wasn’t even talking about that but okay I guess. I was talking about the to the stars investments being a scam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

I wasn’t even talking about that but okay I guess. I was talking about the to the stars investments being a scam

You're fighting a losing battle trying to convince ghent to think critically about tom regardless 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

Do we have any idea how much his catalog was worth? I mean he's not the first to sell all his songs, maybe that would give us a good idea. was it just blink or also ava?So maybe +5 mill for blink -2 for ava= 3 million profit? something like that?

It was just blink I’m pretty sure, not AVA. I remember there was a video or something with someone trying to make an educated guess as to what his catalog would have sold for. Maybe l can find it. But I remember Offspring sold their catalog for I think 30 million... also apparently after... 30 years? You get the rights back. 

While I don't think Tom will necessarily file for bankruptcy, the people here outright dismissing it based on nothing should probably be a bit more open-minded here. 

A quick search shows a lot of musicians that had more money than Tom went bankrupt.

https://playback.fm/musicians-bankrupt