The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

13 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

If miserably bored and feel like listening to 2 old men talk about stickers for over an hour, @daveyjones and I put together this video on the research done by many here on Tom's famous white sticker strat.

Wow this was some huge insightful information, huge respect to you two!

By the way Ryan, if you ever want to do an episode on the timeline of this guitar, please let me know (I have an timeline archive with footage of that guitar in action!)

Speaking of the clover @Ry-Bread, @daveyjones : what do you think of the possibility that Tom added this sticker as a nod to the techno irish band called Blink that sued their for their name ?

Obviously the clover in Ireland is a huge symbol there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

On the clover, IIRC he had it on there by June 95, with the name change coming later that year right? So not sure if that lines up, but that would be hilarious if so and an interesting theory!

They officially changed their name on August 3rd 1995 (we have a letter proof of this name change in the timeline website).

Tom also talks about the name change in that Fort Worth show in October 1995 that we have footage of too (this is the only footage of them talking about that change).

On 3/18/2021 at 8:45 PM, Depf said:

Anybody got the guitar Center Interview with him from 2000? I remember reading him saying he had the gain on 10 on the marshalls clean channel and that it was always one. Which would make sense, his lead tone is very crisp and clear.

I obsess way too much over his rig from that era 😂

Yea I remember that article crystal clear 

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Not on topic, but has anyone heard Yoshi's remixes of the Love albums? Pretty great stuff. 

He honestly turned a lot of those songs into gems. 

The ideas are cool and some of them do prove that they'd make great blink songs but these are way too repetitive. That typical chord progression is on every damn song. Gets boring after 3 songs.