The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

56 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

bit of ignorance here. that's how the majority of the world will hear the record. a lot of artists do this. blink even did it with car speakers in one of the making of untitled videos. 

You definitely wanna get a cohesive sound across all systems. I know we mixed to studio speakers, cans, earbuds and car stereo. It still sounded like shit but the effort was there and it's my turd.

• Like 1

yeah a lot of producers shove it on car speakers and stuff when hearing back their mixes a few days later, or in cheap shitty headphones to get the user experience. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

Toms reviewing an album mix with AirPods? Not even pros? He’s officially lost the plot.

Lost the plot? I would say that he shows his professionalism more than anything else.

Tom is not a sound engineer. He’s supposed to be reviewing the mix on a sound system that he’s familiar with. If it would have been iPhone speakers that he primarily listens to music through then that should be where he review the mix and in this case it seems to be AirPods. It doesn’t make sense to be reviewing a mix on a system you normally don’t listen to music too as you don’t know how that system is behaving.

If a mix is sent to the artist (Tom) for approval it has already been checked through different systems by the engineer (not Tom) that mixed it.

• Like 5

Tom lost the plot years ago what are we even talking about?

The plot was supposed to be Tom and Mark reuniting, confirming they made out in the I Miss You video, and then making the greatest return album within our existence.

That was the plot.  We were left in shambles.

• Sad 2
  • Crab 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:48 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

The irony for me as someone who studied video production at school is that even though I think music videos are pretty boring to watch I think they would be incredibly fun to make.

I'm a filmmaker. I'd never claim to have made a good music video. But they're usually fun as hell to make if the band is cooperative.

That said, I have no dog in this fight regarding whether music videos are important or not. I'll still watch em for my favorite bands and artists (if i know about them)... but probably not nearly as important as they were in the TRL days... though one might argue the kids these days watching on their phones probably outweighs the kids in the 00's watching TRL at a specific time on a specific channel each day.

• Like 4

i admit that i was wrong. but "all that's left is love" will not be on it, which is great because it's a shitty song.

i like the other two tracks and don't mind them being on the album. sure, it would be nice to have ten new songs instead of eight but i honestly don't care lol. a lot of bands release new albums with only eight songs total on them these days. as long as the rest of them are solid, i won't complain.

what is annoying is the fact that it took tom so fucking long to write and record a new record. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

reading more of aaron's comments - the two songs we've already heard will be remastered to better fit the record. there were more than eight new songs recorded but they only wanted to release the best ones.

Didn't they re-record the vocals for them as well? I'm sure I read somewhere that they would re-record the vocals so that the vocal-production would fit with the other tracks and then not just remaster them but re-mix them as well.

51 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Didn't they re-record the vocals for them as well? I'm sure I read somewhere that they would re-record the vocals so that the vocal-production would fit with the other tracks and then not just remaster them but re-mix them as well.

Aaron said they’re just remastered so doesn’t sound like it